lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2020, 07:57 AM   #11
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Rowpow-Should I or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
The performance increase for series or sepex carts (evidently RXV carts are different) is from both the big weight loss and that the voltage doesn't sag so much under load.

Range is a matter of amp hours. The more amp hours you get the more range. If you get the 56 Ah pack you should get less range than healthy Trojans I would imagine. I know it's apples/oranges but I used to have a 47 amp hour DIY pack and I estimated my range in at 12 to 13 miles of full speed driving. But if I drove at 16 to 18 mph the range increased incredibly. I later upgraded to a 94 amp hour pack and it's great. If you drive moderately, you will get very good range.

The SOC is different on lithium. You can drain them much more. But what's more interesting to me when I switched was how far the V would move from fully charged to fully depleted. consider that lead acid fully charged was 50.4v (or is it 50.7v, can't remember) then dead is 48.0. 2.7V of range. My DIY lith pack full charge is 57.6V and dead is 45.5V. So the cart acts like a supercar above 53V, acts like a fully charged lead acid around 49V to 52V and acts like a dead lead acid from 49V down to 45.5V. Roy Pow uses different lithium chemistry but it would be interesting to look at what the V range and see how that compares to your old lead acid.
With what you are saying in mind, I should be looking at at least the 105ah (or 160ah) to get better results?
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium