lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #11
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Extreeeeeme DC! Power Wheels...

I was thinking the same thing about the plastic tires splitting. I'd like to make them more robust but not add traction so I was thinking about the truck bed spray liner... You think half a dozen coats of that would help the tires last a bit longer or is that just peeing in the wind?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2019, 06:47 PM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I think you would be wind wizzing. But I've been wrong before....once back in 1971.....
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:44 PM   #13
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

bump
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:44 PM   #14
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have made progress! It's been intermixed with 6 trips to the ER in the last 2 months... My wife's OK, but she had a heart attack! 45 years old, no risk factors, no family history, no plaque buildup... She had a "dissection", one of the small branches of an artery burst.

So the powerwheels progress has been slow...

We disassembled the PW, Added wiring for the horn button to the steering wheel, added cooling fins to both motors and sawed out a big cavity for the new lithium pack.

We modified the stops on the steering wheel to gain him another 5 to 10 degrees of steering angle. When we convert the front wheels to rubber it'll be more fun to drive with the additional steering capabilities.

I don't have pictures on my cellphone, but once we get things settled down a bit my boy and I will make some progress on the PW.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:07 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
I have made progress! It's been intermixed with 6 trips to the ER in the last 2 months... My wife's OK, but she had a heart attack! 45 years old, no risk factors, no family history, no plaque buildup... She had a "dissection", one of the small branches of an artery burst.
-snip-
I know this goes without saying, but brother make her your only priority right now. I have had too many loved ones have heart conditions never detected till it happened.

45 is too young and I am sure she is way too active for heart issues. Fortunately, it sounds like y'all got it and this will be a thing of the past, but like I said, keep her the priority and then when she is back to 100%, she can be out there with you!

My best to both you and her and for good health!!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:17 PM   #16
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
I'm so glad she's doing good. Aortic dissections are no joke and thank the Lord you guys caught it in time.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:46 PM   #17
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you. The hospital is literally 4 minutes away. They stabilized her there then transported her to a cardiac center another 10 minutes away. We were very lucky we got her there quickly. She was on BP meds, but when the headaches kick in the BP would still shoot up and doc said it was 'just' high blood pressure that caused the dissection... Crazy stuff...
Old 05-13-2019, 12:14 AM   #18
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Thankfully, He is watching! The PW will be there when this other deal is under control. We are all in this together, - prayers.
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:45 AM   #19
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well wishes to your wife and god bless your family good luck
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:48 PM   #20
BiigDaddy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

So the powerwheels progress has been slow...

We disassembled the PW, Added wiring for the horn button to the steering wheel, added cooling fins to both motors and sawed out a big cavity for the new lithium pack.

We modified the stops on the steering wheel to gain him another 5 to 10 degrees of steering angle. When we convert the front wheels to rubber it'll be more fun to drive with the additional steering capabilities.

I don't have pictures on my cellphone, but once we get things settled down a bit my boy and I will make some progress on the PW.

My wife also had a SCAD (Sudden Corneal Arterial Dissection) she was 37 and zero previous indicators or health issues. To have one is rare, to survive is even more rare. Be sure to have your wife search up SCAD Survivor groups on FB and become familiar with all the symptoms, as it can--and does, happen multiple times. I'm so glad she is okay. Feel free to PM me and I can get you and your wife more support info!

--Ryan
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium