lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
Blackdogracing
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Do I have to have the accelerator to brake linkage rod

I have been working on this 2000 EZGO TXT for a while educating myself along the way. I put on new 12 inch chrome ITP SS wheels that look fantastic. Trouble was they rubbed at the slightest bump. After reading the forums I installed heavy duty springs front and rear. The rear worked great but the front still did not have not enough clearance. Today I added 2 1/2" blocks to the rear of the front springs and the clearance looks great. My problem now is the linkage rod from the accelerator to the brakes wont reach with the lowered springs in the way. Do I need this linkage? If so is there a way to custom make one or how can I get around this issue. I tried to take pics but they dont come out well. Thanks ahead of time for any insight.

Last edited by Blackdogracing; 10-08-2012 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: typos
Blackdogracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Do I have to have the accelerator to brake linkage rod

I haven't even looked at it before on mine, but I'm assuming this is the linkage that allows the parking brake to be disengaged when pressing the "gas". If so, you'd have to disengage the parking brake before going. Other than that, I wouldn't think there'd be a problem. You might want to download the Owners, Parts and Service manuals from the stickies, which might give you a better idea of what it does.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
Blackdogracing
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Do I have to have the accelerator to brake linkage rod

Thanks, that seems to be the case. Mine must have been out of adjustment before I removed it because it didn't work. I did buy some threaded rod and plan to make a replacement myself that will clear the springs.
Blackdogracing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes lock, lifted, springs
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO