lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 23" tires on stock motor

Is it a bad idea to run 23" tires on stock electronics. The tires Im looking at are 23.14" tall. I have 22" tires on the rear of my cart now, and I was wanting something more aggressive and found these at a great price. Would it be ok to run the 23s or should I avoid them.
tyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 23" tires on stock motor

The tires you are looking at would change the final drive gear ration by about 30%.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is that bad? Sorry, I am still learning.

I understand the physics. Im just new electric carts, and relating those concepts from trucks to carts.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Tell us more about your cart. Its not bad if you have the right componets. The stock carts are not made for big tires or 4 people. But with the right controller and cables it will be just fine.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Its just a basic resistor cart. The components are all new, but just factory replacements with the exception of the solenoid (200A continuous/800A peak) and the resistor which is a heavy duty upgraded unit with the aluminum housing and the flat coils. I have also replaced the cables with 4g wire. The motor is the original factory unit as far as I know.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So, will it be bad on my stock motor to run the 23s? I know it will take longer to stop and it will slow down more on hills, but will it be too much strain for the motor and electronics? I dont want to burn anything up.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Are you saying you have a resistor cart? And you want 23 tires? Your resistors are going to heat up regardless. Now your putting a bigger strain on a stock setup. Are the resistors going to heat up more? Well your system is only going to pump as much current to heat the system up as it can handle.

Where is the limit before break in this type of system? That is the question. I don't thing the resistors with have a problem resisting but your cables and F-N-R switch is going to get a heck of a work out.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO