lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #21
Splash
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Boiling Batteries test good - Bad Charger?

Aussiecart, that is correct the algorithm needs to changed to match the battery if you are using the Qiu Qiu on board charger and its best done by the dealer who should have the software and dongle to do it.
Splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #22
aussiecart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Aussiecart, that is correct the algorithm needs to changed to match the battery if you are using the Qiu Qiu on board charger and its best done by the dealer who should have the software and dongle to do it.
Splash, what if you were to go from Trojan T-105 6v to Trogan T-125 6v batteries? The reason I ask is that I am upgrading to 48v and I want to check my new batteries are in sync with my new charger (Delta Q), also I am selling my 36v Delta Q charger and I want to give who ever buys it the correct advice, thanks.
aussiecart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #23
Splash
Not Yet Wild

I went through the Delta-Q algorithm chart and did not see a specific one for the T-125 but the T-105 algorithm #1 had the amperage range that indicated it would work. But you have to make sure the charger is equipped with the battery temp sensor and it is installed.
Splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #24
LordofGolf
Not Yet Wild

Hi All,

I just replaced my batteries with Trojan T-875 with their new water system but I was concerned about the charging algorithm so I called the nearest dealer who sent me the attached user guide for the QuiQ charger. This is VERY helpful but It didn't have this battery on the chart so I emailed Delta Q and received a reply that if I have a temperature sensor then it's algorithm 1 and if I don't it's algorithm 3. You can tell if you have a temperature sensor if you have white a black wires in an black encased connector on your negative terminal. I think I have finally contributed something to this very helpful forum Thanks everyone!

Best, LoG
Attached Files
File Type: pdf QuiQ Charger User Guide.pdf (510.0 KB, 32 views)
LordofGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #25
dieseldan420
Not Yet Wild

My Batteries were boiling - I replaced the batteries and they still boil but don't get hot.

FLA batteries should gas a little bit. But not to the extent that happens in my cart.

I see 63 volts for 2 hrs every time i go through a charge cycle. Trojan Says 62 volts for 2 hrs is the standard for an equalization charge. Over charging will reduce battery life and consume excessive amounts of water. Check out this site for manufacture recommendations on charging.

http://www.trojanbattery.com/Battery.../Charging.aspx
dieseldan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #26
theuser0007
Not Yet Wild

iq system falt cord any one new?
theuser0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48ss, batteries, charger, emerge, tomberlin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin