lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
Land Shark
Not Yet Wild

Default Remove Accelerator Brake Release - 94 Club Car

All right. It's getting nice out. Thanks to what I read on BGW I've got the 94 Transender running smooth.

The Club Car came from FL....very flat. We have hills and sloped driveways in the neighborhood. The accelerator brake release is a huge liabilty. Had the little 5 year old girl tap the pedal in her driveway and the lead-sled went rolling towards the car in the driveway. I tapped the pedal while moving over for some friends to get in and the cart started down the driveway...in a hurry.

I need to disconnect the accelerator brake release...but keep the brake locking mechanism on the brake pedal.

Took a look under there...and it's all interconnected...no simple disconnect. The accelerator pedal shaft goes all the way through the mount to enable the brake to be released when the accelerator pedal is depressed. Take the end off that and there is no way to lock the brake pedal when you want to.

Is there a kit to that will eliminate the accelerator pedal release but still allow the brake pedasl to be locked?

Anybody come up with a fix on there own?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Land Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Remove Accelerator Brake Release - 94 Club Car

Call your local dealer and ask them for a diagram for the new LSV. You'll be able to see what you need. They have completely separate linkages for the accel and brake pedals... The pivot rod kind of spins in the claw rather than twist it back out of the teeth when the accel pedal is depressed.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Land Shark
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Remove Accelerator Brake Release - 94 Club Car

Thanks for the pointer.

They weren't open Sat...I'll call them tomorrow.
Land Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car