lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #21
portland
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Tomberlin Emerge Accessories

I am looking for seat covers. I have the stock white seats and they get dirty pretty easy.

Any suggestions?? I was hoping to find seats that will match the body color (red). If nothing online, I was considering going to a local auto upholstry shop.
portland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #22
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

Anyone have a good way of lighting the dash switches? Mine are very dark at night. I bought some small led projectors, haven't put them in yet. Anyone else have any ideas.
Timdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #23
smooth72
Getting Wild

The switches have lights in them but for some reason they are not wired. A friend of mine ran a wire to the accessories area so when the key is on the switch light up. It seams strange that Tomberlin did not wire them.
smooth72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #24
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

That is excellent info. Any idea if Tomberlin didn't hook up the lights due to power issues? How much draw would those lights use, any clue?
Old 02-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #25
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timdelta View Post
Where can I buy a programmer? If I can find out where I may buy one and rent it out to recoup the costs.
Here's only one place to get the LX Programmer, I'm sure there's plenty more: http://www.fsip.biz/Specialty.html
Here's the PDF on the specific handset: http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/LXHANDSET.pdf
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #26
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

That is excellent info. Any idea if Tomberlin didn't hook up the lights due to power issues? How much draw would those lights use, any clue?
Old 02-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #27
smooth72
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timdelta View Post
Leds can't use much power. Probably another way to save labor. They need to be lit I have to just flip switches at night until I hit the right one.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #28
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

Are they LEDS? If so the power is a non-issue. Could someone show or explain exactly what wires are needed where. I agree, I just sort of grope around trying to figure which switch is which.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #29
smooth72
Getting Wild

Ok, just took my dash switches out, 4 screws. At the bottom of the switch there is two prongs + - They are separate from the area were the carts controls plug in. I unplugged the switch and took a 9v battery and the LED in the switch lights right up. I can thank of no reason why they did not wire this in. Maybe the wanted to market as a upgrade. It appears to me that all you need to do is to get push on 12v connectors, chain the positive and negative together and find a switchable 12 v power supply
Old 02-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #30
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

12v is available at the cigarette lighter outlet. Don't no if it is on/off with key. If it is always hot --then a simple push on/push off switch from Radio Shack is my plan. Thanks much for the check of the switches, now get to work on the accessory outlet. Could even just use a 9v battery and not use any cart juice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin