lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2015, 04:55 PM   #1
KTKelly
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 09 Fairplay dead?

Got a 2009 Fairplay with original batteries. Batteries take a charge, and show 48.9 volts using my meter.

Due to the constant drain on the batteries when in storage, some of the connections on the batteries were disconnected, and now I'm not positive they are back on the right places.

The positive battery cable is no problem, and the positive for the battery charger are also no problem, since those quite obviously go back onto the positive (their is sparking when they get attached).

But, there are a few other wires I'm not so sure of.

The positive for the speedo display appears to go on the same place as the positive battery cable, with it's negative going onto the negative a few batteries over, which would appear to send it 32volts, and that doesn't seem right at all.

Then there's the charge indicator wiring that appears to go to the main negative, and main positive, which would have it display the full 48 volts (it displays nothing).

As it is, I have nothing, where I did have at least a click.

Any ideas? Any way to test things to see if the controller is bad, or something else has happened?
KTKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2015, 08:45 PM   #2
KTKelly
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 09 Fairplay dead?

Solved!

Now I just need to figure out the lighting. Brake lights are apparently stuck on at the moment, and when the headlights are turned on, one of the brake/taillights goes off.

I figure this out, then it's time to replace those 7+ year old batteries (T-875's).
Old 08-07-2015, 12:36 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Solved!? Not gonna pass the cause of the problems on for others to learn from? Please do, you Star & Fairplay owners need all the help you can get. I help when i can (as a prior Star & Fairplay dealer, sold hundereds of star, but only a few fairplay), but i dont know it all either.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:13 AM   #4
KTKelly
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I get back to the cart (out of town at the moment) I'll post a picture of the wiring.

My cart, being one of the early models, has the constant battery drain that is so bad the charger can't really keep up, so I installed a battery cut off switch that rater for 48v 300amp.

That said, my cart now can be stored and not have the batteries go dead.

I'll take a picture of that switch set up as well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay