lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2015, 07:05 PM   #11
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2010 ZONE Salvage ( what a shame )

scotty, out here in sun city palm desert, I have 12 customers that have either the zone or the star carts. They love them for some reason. Bit from the standpoint of trying to find any parts for them, it really sucks.
I have actually told them, when they call, other than batteries or tires, i'm not interested in repairing them.

I have been on the phone as well as emailed JH Global about their so called "dealers", who don't stock any parts, and and won't order any parts, they only sell new carts.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2019, 05:53 PM   #12
lynwoodg
Not Yet Wild

do you still have it?If so would you sell some parts off of it.I am desperate
lynwoodg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:05 PM   #13
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

They stock a number of Star Parts at the dealership I work at, as well they can get most other parts in a few days turn around.

My neighbor had a garage fire set off from a Club car she was charging. she was fortunate that it only damaged the garage. I never charged another one of my carts indoors after that. I always advice our customers to never charge a cart in doors. - Phil
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:48 AM   #14
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

We have worked on over 50 of these Hi-End China Clone Carts. Yep China also make Low-End Clone Carts. I have yet to find any wiring diagrams on these carts. While info is nice to have its not always necessary, its sorta fun going into a Chaos condition and achieving a tangible goal.
Repairs have been Batteries, Motor, Main Fuse, Controller & Charger repair. No Exploded carts, fires or Batteries bombs, we keep our ear to the rail and have heard nothing concerning these carts being more prone to "Fire Gremlins" than other Carts
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:37 PM   #15
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have certainly worked on my fair share of Zone carts. Lots of rusted from battery acid due to the US Batteries, they seem to bubble all the time even without a load on it. I had a US battery sitting on the floor in the shop, and 2 weeks later battery was still bubbling. I have also seen plenty of cooked motors in them and high current wiring with cracks in the insulation. lot of leaks on the rears. not one of my favorite carts to turn wrenches on.
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:44 PM   #16
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Very true Scotty - it is sad.
And Gov. Nuisance had nothing to do with this one .
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:01 PM   #17
SUPRA83
Not Yet Wild

if you are parting it out, I could use the motor
SUPRA83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:07 PM   #18
servpro
Not Yet Wild

I think a lot of the problems came from the crappy US Batteries. My uncle owns an auto parts store and says US Batteries look great on paper, but suck in real life. I had one catch fire (luckily I was close by and put it out), multiple bubble overs (charging and just sitting there) and the acid ruined my garage floor. Finally swapped them out for Trojan t105s and have not had a problem since (6+ yrs).

As far as working on them, they aren't too complicated (at least the electrical part). If you need any manuals or more info, just use the WayBack Machine (like a time machine for websites, very useful for digging up information from sites that are no longer around) for justdriveelectric.com I was able to download manuals, guides, ect.
servpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:16 PM   #19
servpro
Not Yet Wild

Also, I know its a long shot, but there wasn't documentation or reference in any manuals or wiring diagrams about a huge bus fuse on top of the controller I believe (its been a long time). If that is blown, your cart will not run. It happened to family members cart.
servpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:29 PM   #20
dwalsh@gtec.com
Not Yet Wild

are you selling any of the parts
dwalsh@gtec.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay