lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2010 ZONE Salvage ( what a shame )

I've worked on carts now several years. Came upon this ZONE cart and thought it just needed batteries. Had several owners and just sat for years. Beautiful body and seats. Tires looked new and no rust anywhere...so naturally I assumed it had low hours and I still believe that.
Bought 8 new batteries...it didn't run....took it to my EZGO dealer..he had curtis controller rebuilt....it didn't run. A friend of mine who is an electrical engineer, and is in charge of maintainance of all electrical vehicles at the largest aluminum plant in the world and I worked countless hours tracing wires, replacing relays and the speed sensor.... got nowhere.
So I am disassembling the cart for parts, and I am writing this just to make a comment. Yes the folks in china left me hanging....no wiring diagrams...no parts...no help.... BUT as I am taking this apart, I am finding a well built cart reminds me of a tank !! Beautiful body....recessed lights...all wiring is numbered. excellent front axle and rack and pinon steering...expensive voltage reducer....the shunt motor runs and is very powerful. Just a shame !!!
Final note. So far I have been unable to get a picture of my RXV to show up next to my name on posting. Any more ideas ??? Thanks guys
Jamesotn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
Richte18
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 ZONE Salvage ( what a shame )

Wire diagram available on this forum in the owners manual. I have the same cart and have done lots of research.
Richte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Far too many of the original owners of those carts got exactly what they payed for. LOL!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Far too many of the original owners of those carts got exactly what they payed for. LOL!

Yep! Whatdayamean china doesnt offer support for their "highly engineered products".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #5
intrepidz
Not Yet Wild

The YouTube video is of my house. I lost everything in my home on that summer day 8/13/2012. If you have a zone cart in your garage, get it out of there. Only park it where it would not catch anything you care about catching on fire. It doesn't even need to be plugged in to blow a battery. I read on another forum about a guy backing down a driveway and blowing a hole on the top of a battery.
There have been many fires, but you are not going to find them due to settlement agreements. These owners cannot talk about them. I have not settled with them. I’m only asking for what my insurance didn't pay for and they are fighting to not pay anything. They know there is a problem and are not contacting anyone to warn them of the dangers. I’m warning you right now!

I’m a shift worker and came home at 6:00 am, hit the shower and tried to go to bed. It was summer and my wife and two kids were home sleeping. Lucky for me the batteries made a lot of noise when they were exploding. I went to see what the noise was and found the two carts on fire in my garage. Had the fire started a little later I would have been asleep. Had it started in the middle of the night, who would have been there to wake my family up? I could have lost all of them. I just don’t know what else to say.
Please don’t risk your family’s lives with one of these ZONEs parked in your garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAVOP2hBmzc

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8771276

http://www.click2houston.com/news/pa...-fire/21025000
intrepidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #6
uwantsumofthis
Not Yet Wild

We deal in ezgo and club cars. My boss told me about these cheap carts and I did not believe him. Till one day a customer bought one from a auction already burned for 1,200 and wanted to know how much to fix. When I looked at the cart the cord was laying on the back seat, half burned. The chargers r what caches theses carts on fire. They r cheaply made, and r bolted to the cart. If u have one, and insist on keeping it, PLEASE REMOVE THE CHARGER AND GET A BETTER CHARGER THAT DOES NOT STAY ON THE CART.
uwantsumofthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:19 AM   #7
zoner
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwantsumofthis View Post
When I looked at the cart the cord was laying on the back seat, half burned. The chargers r what caches theses carts on fire. They r cheaply made, and r bolted to the cart. If u have one, and insist on keeping it, PLEASE REMOVE THE CHARGER AND GET A BETTER CHARGER THAT DOES NOT STAY ON THE CART.
I believe in karma so I won't give you too much grief but wouldn't there be more reports of failure of these so-called defective Zone Electric chargers? I Googled this issue and there is a class-action lawsuit against Zone Electric but the cockroach, I mean attorney, only cited 3 fires.

Let's face it, electric golf carts have always had a potential for fire hazard and this issue is definitely not exclusive to Zone Electric. With that being said, I would never charge my electric golf cart in my house and I just inquired about obtaining insurance on my Zone cart (mainly for liability reasons). Thanks for bringing up the potential fire hazard of owning an electric cart.
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:46 AM   #8
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richte18 View Post
Wire diagram available on this forum in the owners manual. I have the same cart and have done lots of research.
where is this wiring diagram, for the zone cart, that is on this forum?
Where do i go to see it?

Thanks
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #9
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
where is this wiring diagram, for the zone cart, that is on this forum?
Where do i go to see it?

Thanks
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/zone-...tml#post345319
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:02 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I wonder why these carts were not more popular

Sad thing is we paid for this BS with our collective tax dollars whether you got a free cart or not
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay