lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Wax
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Installing back seat

I bought a used back seat for my 2004 DS, and I think it was on an older club car. There are a few things that just aren't mounting up right; wondering if anybody has any ideas.

The upper mounts for the roof were about 6" too wide how they were set; do older club cars have wider roofs? It doesn't look like I can re-use my original frame because the seat kit requires bars that are straight up, and the stock ones have a slight angle to them. Also with the curve of the stock frame, it curves right into where the seat brackets are and would definitely be in the way.

The seats are held on by a bracket mounted to the rear bar of the seat. This bracket has 4 holes in each corner to mount the back seat, and the same situation for the front seat. My plastic seat back has a channel for the original frame and only mounts by two bolts. No idea how I'm supposed to mount my seat up to that unless I either ditch the rear plastic piece or start drilling.

The upper bracket holes and the roof holes are slightly off, to the point where I will definitely have to either drill the plastic or aluminum. Do older club cars have slightly different roof mounting holes?

I'm just curious if anybody has had a similar experience. I definitely can modify everything to fit if I have to. I just thought the rear seats were supposed to be bolt on with no modification. I see ones for sale on ebay and stuff that say they fit all years club cars, but they must have a slightly different design than this one that makes them universal. I have also seen ones that are for certain year ranges, so I know there must be some differences.
Wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Installing back seat

. . . rear seat kits for DS are usually "generic" for 1982 and up . . . however, most will contain additional hardware to fit specific "differences" is model years . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
Wax
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Installing back seat

Thanks Steve. Yeah it looks like I will be doing some mods, as this one was a used take-off. I got it for less than what the cheaper new ones on ebay go for, and it's an aluminum diamond plate flip, so I guess doing a little drilling will be worth it!

Also, has anybody had experience putting an aluminum flip seat like this on their cart and not upgrading to HD rear springs? I'm going to try without and see how it goes.
Wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car