lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #21
Downeast10
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Smile Re: Bombardier NEV owner exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastercarter View Post
Nice looking carts those Bombardiers, very compact and clean lines. Just out of curiosity, what would a dead one / basket case sell for on average ? I currently have a trans 2 and I'm considering a new project basis for later this year and one of those might be a fun little ride.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.

FC
My guest would be $500.00, to replace the batterys is around $1700.00, bad controller is rebuilt $700.00 and new is $1400.00..Parts are expensive, if you can fine them.The problem is no one will work on them as most golf cart dealers don't want to spend the time trouble shooting. If you have time you can find after market parts..
Downeast10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #22
Downeast10
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Bombardier NEV owner exchange

Well, I have made a copy of the Shop manual with some of my notes in PDF form. The file is 40 meg so I can't email it, any idears ?
Old 01-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #23
Downeast10
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Here is the link for manual,hope it works.......http://www.4shared.com/folder/SWrpV86j/98_manual.html
Old 01-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #24
twooldfarmers
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you, got all 145 pages. Now I will go to work and see what I might be able to diagnose. Thanks again
Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeast10 View Post
Here is the link for manual,hope it works.......http://www.4shared.com/folder/SWrpV86j/98_manual.html
twooldfarmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #25
40flash
Not Yet Wild

My mother in law has an NV and she just spent about $1500-1700 like you said. I went and looked at one for sale today and he has owned it a year. He replaced two of the batteries when he got it. The rest were good. He said he got the batteries from Costco for someting like $75 ea. I believe he said they were deep cycle RV batteries. Anyone (other than a golf cart dealer that wants to sell you $1500 worht of batteries) see any reason why they wouldn't work? I'm thinking about buying the NV. He is asking $2,200. I think he would take $1800-200.

Also, If you figure out how to by-pass the speed limiter I'd sure like to know.
40flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #26
Downeast10
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40flash View Post
My mother in law has an NV and she just spent about $1500-1700 like you said. I went and looked at one for sale today and he has owned it a year. He replaced two of the batteries when he got it. The rest were good. He said he got the batteries from Costco for someting like $75 ea. I believe he said they were deep cycle RV batteries. Anyone (other than a golf cart dealer that wants to sell you $1500 worht of batteries) see any reason why they wouldn't work? I'm thinking about buying the NV. He is asking $2,200. I think he would take $1800-200.

Also, If you figure out how to by-pass the speed limiter I'd sure like to know.
The 75.00 batteries will not work, you need the agm batteries ps121000 -100 ah I found M&B's battery has a pretty good price 168.00 plus shipping. As for the cart for $2200.00, way do much, unless it has new batteries. I would offer max 1,500.00 and thats only if the cart is in excellent shape.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #27
fastercarter
Gone Wild

The cost of replacement batteries and control systems appear to be the achilles heel and prohibitive point in the purchase of these carts. Considering the cost of replacement to merely prove that the cart has power through it's various control systems I can see why the relative value has fallen through the floor. After all; Who has the the werewithal to drop $1500 + on batteries and systems to prove or disprove a point.
What a crying shame that these vehicles were not afforded the luxury of some decent R & D. It could have been oh so different.
In idle speculation, one has to wonder if the powers that be in the industry merely paid lip service to, and took advantage of the governmental incentives of the time to bolster their corporate recognition in the light of energy conservation while all the time it was a diversion or illusion that took advantage of the propogandised and subsidised era of the time. Whatever, some fine designs were never to fully realise the potential they had to offer despite some of the best brains in automotive engineering behind them. RIP the electric vehicle of the masses and all hail the hidden costs of the hideously expensive Hybrids that we currently hail as freedom from oil. God help us. How did we become so silly as to fall for this Flimflam and Snake oil sales pitch that the "Hybrid" would be the answer to the oil crisis ?

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #28
Downeast10
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Looking to buy any parts or carts for the bombardier nev, Also need info on controller programming, curently have a contractor fault off problem on one of my controllers, the contractor is not the problem...
Old 01-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #29
40flash
Not Yet Wild

I just bought a 2000 Bomber yesterday. Runs good so far. The former owner told me that 200 was the last year and they came with battery access from the top. The seats are mounted to fiberglass pieces. The whole seat and cover lifts out to expose the batteries. They can be changed and serviced from the top side.
If anyone has figured out how to get around the speed limiter I'd sure love to hear about it.

I tried to post a picture of it but unsucsessfully. Have not figured out how to do that yet.
40flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #30
Downeast10
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40flash View Post
I just bought a 2000 Bomber yesterday. Runs good so far. The former owner told me that 200 was the last year and they came with battery access from the top. The seats are mounted to fiberglass pieces. The whole seat and cover lifts out to expose the batteries. They can be changed and serviced from the top side.
If anyone has figured out how to get around the speed limiter I'd sure love to hear about it.

I tried to post a picture of it but unsucsessfully. Have not figured out how to do that yet.
Hi 40flash, I didn't know that bombardier came with OEM battery access from the top. Would like to see some pic's. I have 3 carts a 98 and 2 99's. First thing I did was make access to the batteries for all of them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts