lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2023, 10:32 AM   #1
OTTO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Best lift for a G29? Plus swingarm leveling?

Getting ready to set up a g29. Had Jake’s long travel on my G22 and G16. Wasn’t overly impressed with the quality or any of it for that matter considering the price of them has gone up 30% or better since I bought both my lifts 10 years ago. Has anyone come up with something for leveling the swingarm out so that after lifting the rear axle doesn’t move forward?

Thanks in advance!
OTTO
OTTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2023, 11:00 PM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best lift for a G29? Plus swingarm leveling?

I'm not sure how to do it on a yamaha, but on the EZGO you fit a drop bracket on the front of the swing arm. This keeps the wheels centred in the arch and keeps the engine level. I'm sure someone will chime in to explain how to do it on yours.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:49 AM   #3
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Best lift for a G29? Plus swingarm leveling?

I put a 4" lift on mine and it moved the wheels forward about 1" I fabricated a bracket that extended the swing arm bolt to the frame 1" back using a piece of 3/8 plate steel. Didn't level the swing arm out but at least it centered the wheels in the wheel well.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha