lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2023, 05:07 PM   #1
Harleyman_1000
Not Yet Wild

Default Can I make my yamaha gas G2 idle?

I'm trying to make my gas G2 cart idle. Any help will be appreciated
Harleyman_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2023, 05:15 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Can I make my yamaha gas G2 idle?

Take out or jump the start/stop switch
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 06:37 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Why would you want to?

If you bypass the pedal switch it will turn on and off with the key, you’ll have to adjust the carb to hold slightly open to idle. But I think you’re gonna run into issues trying to shift, and you’re gonna have issues killing the battery because at low enough RPM the primary clutch doesn’t close it’s not gonna charge, high enough to charge the clutch will start to close…

I just don’t understand why you’d want a golf cart to idle I guess. It’s a golf cart. It’s not designed to idle. You may run into piling issues too since this is a splash system and not a pressurized oil lubrication
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 07:16 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I made my G14 key start and had no issues at all including shifting between forward and reverse. Also no issue with the idle being set or charging issues. You have to remember some of the work carts are set up this way. It really is a lot more pleasant to drive a cart this way if it used as a cruiser. Again I used the cart in this way from 2008 to 2014 when I switched to clone power. Up in the yamaha section you can see my engine torn down when I parted it out for E Bay. The thing looked like new inside. Again many engines are splash oiled and have no issues with lubrication. P.S Before to upgrade to alternators on cars the same generator powered a whole lot more of an electrical load that most of our golf carts and we certainly sat in traffic idling than a lot longer than your golf cart will
Old 04-26-2023, 09:10 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I edited my post. I sure didn't mean to offend anyone with what I posted about pedal start carts VS key start and cheap china carburetors.
Its all good.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 10:34 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I think the OP needs to clarify what they mean by "idle". Jumping the start switch keeps the starter spinning but the motor won't really be idling, right?
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 11:03 AM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The engine will idle if the carb's idle is set @ 1000 or so rpms. Then the cart will drive just like a car with an automatic transmission. Remember anytime the S/G is spinning above 800 or so rpms it stops being a starter and becomes a generator. Besides a golf cart what else uses that pedal start set up ? One note here you can unplug the stop start switch and fashion a simple jumper on the part of the plug headed towards the rear of the cart. Drive it that way and see if it suits you or not. You haven't burnt any bridges. If you don't like it remove your jumper and replug in the stop/start switch. Easy enough either way
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha