lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2022, 05:49 PM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: $299 Subaru EX400 Engine for Workhorse?

If that is a better way to go GREAT NEWS. Not a guru. Just a few things that I have did every nut,bolt and washer in. Nothing more nothing less. P.S. Something to note here some of the youtubers show engine failures with the OHC Subaru due to the cam and it's drive system. Don't know if it due to poor maintenance or RPM abuse.Worse yet why install an engine that is no longer produced and spares are questionable ?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2022, 09:00 PM   #12
Futility Vehicle
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for taking the time to help.

The whole appeal of the new Subaru engine was that it was very cheap and made by an excellent company. Using Vegas Carts parts and a Honda clone would multiply the cost of a swap by about 4, so it isn't very appealing. This is an old farm cart. I use it for moving things like manure and pulled weeds, and Textron and Subaru seem to offer very poor support, so I am not interested in investing a lot of money in it.

I went to Subaru's site, but the EX400-DS6100 does not appear there. I found the EX40, which is supposedly the same engine with a gas tank and muffler. I don't have any literature for the EH35. Perhaps someone can tell me where to find it.

The big difference I see is that the new engine's head would lean back toward the rear end of the cart, possibly invading the territory of other parts. It looks like a couple of brackets would have to be relocated.

The existing engine appears to have no connection to the rear end other than a belt, and the connections to the starter seem to be simple enough to change for a new motor.

It looks like I would need to make a new exhaust, but that doesn't seem like a hard job for a welder.

I am no mechanic, but I am capable of simple machining and fabrication. I can attach a photo of something I just built.

I don't know if the project makes sense. I think it all depends on whether the new engine will fit in the space.
Futility Vehicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:48 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
If that is a better way to go GREAT NEWS. Not a guru. Just a few things that I have did every nut,bolt and washer in. Nothing more nothing less. P.S. Something to note here some of the youtubers show engine failures with the OHC Subaru due to the cam and it's drive system. Don't know if it due to poor maintenance or RPM abuse.Worse yet why install an engine that is no longer produced and spares are questionable ?
Fair enough.. I was not aware that they were no longer produced and had issues. I will go back to my ignorant world.. Y’all carry on..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO