lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2022, 08:53 AM   #11
Eco Battery
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Dead Eco 105

The BMS is rated for it, there are thousands of them out there working in similar installations. Sometimes electronics just fail without reason. The Gen 2 BMS is in fact slightly higher rated, as well as more intelligent all around.

Sorry the OP had troubles but glad he is being well taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
The pop was probably the BMS. Possibly they did not have one that could handle the amp draw you were asking with your high speed motor and the 600a Navitas.

Most times the BMS would just shut down but obviously was not the case here.
Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2022, 08:35 AM   #12
tyrone shoelaces
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco Battery View Post
The BMS is rated for it, there are thousands of them out there working in similar installations. Sometimes electronics just fail without reason. The Gen 2 BMS is in fact slightly higher rated, as well as more intelligent all around.

Sorry the OP had troubles but glad he is being well taken care of.
New battery is doing good.
I charged it full and put 22 miles on it it reads 52.4volts and 50% soc.
this is the part when I get a little nervous taking it farther down with no experience in how it might act.
no one likes to "call for help"
I guess I could drive around the block till I get to 15-20% and if it feels strong,
I can take it that far in practical use?
tyrone shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:37 AM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrone shoelaces View Post
New battery is doing good.
I charged it full and put 22 miles on it it reads 52.4volts and 50% soc.
this is the part when I get a little nervous taking it farther down with no experience in how it might act.
no one likes to "call for help"
I guess I could drive around the block till I get to 15-20% and if it feels strong,
I can take it that far in practical use?
Congratulations on the new battery. I'm glad to hear Eco Battery was so proactive with getting it done.

I'm sure you can get 30 to 40 miles on a charge to 20% SOC. But there is no need to in reality. Just charge the battery every time you ride at least 5 miles or down to 90% SOC.

The EB charger charges to 57 volts so will keep your pack at an optimum charge without holding it above 99% for a long time. I believe EB has the optimum charge cycles.

Charging every 10% usage will not shorten battery life. It will also guarantee you will have a fresh pack for those long excursions. Just record your usage to see how much mileage you could have theoretically.

Ampere-hours used divided by miles equals Ah per mile. Multiply this number by 84 Ah (105 Ah pack minus 20%) to find your approximate range.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car