lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2022, 08:09 AM   #1
bigbuddy82
Not Yet Wild

Default Curtis Controller Needed - ECO Battery Not Compatible

A Gen 1 Eco Battery is not compatible with all Club Car DS controllers. Golf Cart Modified said that about 70% of the Curts 1510-5201 (48V 250A) controllers will not work with a Gen 1 ECO. Wish GCM/ECO would have made this known at time of purchase. The battery is pushing out voltage outside of the controller's limits. It triggers a fault and the ECO's BMS shuts down battery. My motor and controllers work fine and I don't want to fork out the 600-800 bucks for a new controller. The cart has been fully restored with the exception of controller and motor. GCM refered me to Flight Systems Industrial Products to reprogram the controller but it can't be done. FSIP has been extremely helpful in seeking a solution. It looks like the best option it to return the battery and purchase one that is compatible with the controller. However, next weekend we go camping and this was to be the maiden voyage of the cart. It's a big annual trick or treat trip for my kids and I don't want to disappoint them. So, if any one has a controller that is compatible with a 2002 CC DS and Gen 1 ECO battery sitting in their box of spare golf cart parts please reach out to me and I would gladly take it take it off your hands. I'm still talking with ECO & GMC but I'll probably save that for a separate post.
bigbuddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2022, 08:19 AM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Curtis Controller Needed - ECO Battery Not Compatible

I have one of the Curts 1510-5201 controllers I took out of my 2004 Club Car Precedent when I installed the Navitas controller I got. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in it with an offer.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:24 AM   #3
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's horrible news! This is the first I have heard of this.

Did they mention which controller would be compatible?
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:54 AM   #4
bigbuddy82
Not Yet Wild

1516 and newer.
bigbuddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car