lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2022, 09:41 AM   #1
nutbagger
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery drain - Navitas or bad cell?

I recently upgraded our 2019 Drive2 AC (purchased used a few months ago) with the Navitas AC controller. It was running fantastic, but recently it started falling off in power quickly. After a block or so it would drop in power to the point where it was limping along. Followed along in the Navitas app and I can see the voltage dropping down to 46 as I drive it. I looked at the batteries, and while there is some corrosion, I noticed the battery directly below the driver seat appears to have a bit of a leak. Would that indicate a bad battery? Any other things I should look at to troubleshoot why it's dropping? We keep it on the charger when not in use, so it's getting a full charge before we take it out.

nutbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2022, 10:20 AM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery drain - Navitas or bad cell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutbagger View Post
I recently upgraded our 2019 Drive2 AC (purchased used a few months ago) with the Navitas AC controller. It was running fantastic, but recently it started falling off in power quickly. After a block or so it would drop in power to the point where it was limping along. Followed along in the Navitas app and I can see the voltage dropping down to 46 as I drive it. I looked at the batteries, and while there is some corrosion, I noticed the battery directly below the driver seat appears to have a bit of a leak. Would that indicate a bad battery? Any other things I should look at to troubleshoot why it's dropping? We keep it on the charger when not in use, so it's getting a full charge before we take it out.

when is the last time you checked your water level?
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 12:34 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You certainly have at least one bad battery. Measure all voltages at rest and under load.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:02 PM   #4
nutbagger
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for late reply.

Battery water levels are all good. Checked visually, and they're also maintained by the HydroLink system.

Is there a good way to test the batteries without having to take it somewhere?
Old 09-25-2022, 01:52 PM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The leaking is more a problem of the hydro link system. The first battery will be potentially overfilled. I've had same issue and the hydro link was thrown out. NOT RECOMMENDED! With a voltmeter, check each battery when resting and under load (while driving). Post the results...

Read here, why a watering system is bad:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...atering+system
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 07:40 AM   #6
nutbagger
Not Yet Wild

Woof. I'll be getting rid of those.

Do I just remove the line, or remove the line and water caps at the top?
Old 09-26-2022, 08:11 AM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You'll need a set of oem vent caps for your batteries...
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha