lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2022, 10:48 AM   #1
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default anyone know what size and details for a better heim joint on a jakes

I need to replace mine on my 2013 txt and I am suffering from chronic indecision plus I need to know what to order

https://www.mcmaster.com/ball-joint-rod-ends/
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2022, 09:06 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: anyone know what size and details for a better heim joint on a jakes

As far as size goes, you'll have to measure what you have on there. Take one off and take it down to your local auto parts store and use their thread gauges. Basically just match up what you have to what you're looking for at McMaster.... I get my heims at Speedway Motors, but they are all pretty much made the same. Get the highest quality heims you can afford. Don't get aluminum, get Chromoly.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 07:36 AM   #3
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: anyone know what size and details for a better heim joint on a jakes

those Heim joints with the zerks on them look very interesting. perhaps I can get the info out of Jakes
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 07:56 AM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Several years back when I was reading about Jake's front end heim joint replacements, a fellow posted this website...so I saved it.

This page just gets you to the $3.99 Heim Joint "Safety Washer". I dunno if that's needed or not....but you may wanna check out what they got:https://www.kartek.com/parts/heim-jo...-the-heim.html

And just to add to your tool box....if you don't already have these....pick up an American thread and a Metric thread gauge. Well worth the $10-each investment. I use these several times a year for stuff .....all kinds of stuff!! https://www.amazon.com/ChgImposs-Imp...a-795985503346
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 10:23 AM   #5
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The heims from Jakes are

CM7 (7/16-20) used for the inner A-arms, 8 total
CM8 (1/2-20) used for the kind pins, 4 total

I just ordered mine and I ordered chromoly which are XMR7 and XMR8

This is for a 1996 EZGO TXT cart
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts