lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2022, 09:01 AM   #21
jcar302
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1996 48v club car value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Its a hard itch not to scratch!
The problem is that i let everything get out of control.

I needed a lawn tractor, I bought a zero turn
I needed a shovel, i bought a trencher
I needed a jack, i bought a car lift
I wanted an arcade machine, i bought 10 (and then started adding pinball machines)
I wanted a 300rwhp car, i instead settled for 500rwhp

Modified my kids power wheels, their electric 4 wheelers, their Rc cars...

You get the point.

There is a chance i move next year, won't be too far and most likely have at least the same amount of home space (i will certainly land up losing land, it happens as you get closer to the ocean). Then i'm going to have to move all this stuff that i technically don't need.

So while i really want to redo this cart, i know i shouldn't.
jcar302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2022, 09:05 AM   #22
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar302 View Post
The problem is that i let everything get out of control.

I needed a lawn tractor, I bought a zero turn
I needed a shovel, i bought a trencher
I needed a jack, i bought a car lift
I wanted an arcade machine, i bought 10 (and then started adding pinball machines)
I wanted a 300rwhp car, i instead settled for 500rwhp

Modified my kids power wheels, their electric 4 wheelers, their Rc cars...

You get the point.

There is a chance i move next year, won't be too far and most likely have at least the same amount of home space (i will certainly land up losing land, it happens as you get closer to the ocean). Then i'm going to have to move all this stuff that i technically don't need.

So while i really want to redo this cart, i know i shouldn't.

I know the feeling and unfortunately knowing you shouldn't do it means you likely will still end up doing it! lol.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:11 AM   #23
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yes, whatever prices near you are likely astronomical, but correct. It’s been a byproduct of covid… with everyone stuck at home for so long getting into outdoorsy type stuff, plus all the “free” money. Prices went through the roof, what used to be a $300-500 non running project suddenly $1500 became standard. And here in Michigan if it moves under its own power it gets minimum $2k regardless of the condition. The only carts you see less than $2k are some early 80’s ezgo’s and Yamaha G1’s. That may or may not run.

Prices are starting to go down a little bit, but I don’t think we’ll ever see them back where they were again. I just paid $1500 for a non running club car DS… no seats, roof, brakes frozen and both clutches completely seized. That was a $500 cart on a good day a couple years ago.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:17 AM   #24
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Yes, whatever prices near you are likely astronomical, but correct. It’s been a byproduct of covid… with everyone stuck at home for so long getting into outdoorsy type stuff, plus all the “free” money. Prices went through the roof, what used to be a $300-500 non running project suddenly $1500 became standard. And here in Michigan if it moves under its own power it gets minimum $2k regardless of the condition. The only carts you see less than $2k are some early 80’s ezgo’s and Yamaha G1’s. That may or may not run.

Prices are starting to go down a little bit, but I don’t think we’ll ever see them back where they were again. I just paid $1500 for a non running club car DS… no seats, roof, brakes frozen and both clutches completely seized. That was a $500 cart on a good day a couple years ago.
WOOOF! So glad it has not gotten that bad here...yet.
Old 09-21-2022, 10:29 AM   #25
jcar302
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Some good news, my brother called, my semi local costco (there are others closer, but they are a no go) has 4 interstate 8vs $120 each. I'd just have to wait a week for another 2 since the other costcos only have 6v.

I could use new tie down bar bolts and possibly cables, is there a goto place you guys like to buy parts the cheapest?

edit: Those rods are kinda expensive at many places, like $9 each.
I'm guessing this is the cheapest?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/17423986670...Bk9SR4ymqYvsYA
Old 09-22-2022, 12:50 AM   #26
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
WOOOF! So glad it has not gotten that bad here...yet.
Here’s an example of what $1100 will get you here… https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9611736383316/

That will probably be sold by this weekend
Old 09-22-2022, 06:30 AM   #27
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

For my area.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...d-87953a451987

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...d-87953a451987
Old 09-22-2022, 07:56 AM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'll just add that you will greatly increase the number of people looking to buy a cart that's running vs a non running cart. Saying it years ago when parked doesn't always inspire buyer confidence. Things change, mice, corrosion etc.
Get it running to make the most of the sale. Or dump it and save your time.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 11:13 AM   #29
jcar302
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Haven't given up on getting this thing out for sale yet.
But lawn care (we have alot of grass) for the end of the season and a weeks worth of rain put a damper on my plans when i had time.
I've also went through a few phases in my mind, i really want to build it up, but then reality sets in, i'm still not going to do anything with it when i'm done.

I did however take the seat bench out of the shed to clean the mold and mildew off of it.

Figure it was going to take minutes, not hours, but i was wrong.
It's coming off, but slow, tried simple green, crud cutter, a mix of baking soda and vinegar has worked the best, but still not great.
Is there something you guys use that makes it easy?

Everyone is still in agreement, my best bet is to eat the 800 bucks, buy new batteries and go from there, correct?
Old 10-18-2022, 11:56 AM   #30
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’ve personally never had much luck cleaning the the mildew off but one of the members here does a fantastic job with bleach and a scrub brush. I’ve tried his method but must not have the patience he does

Acetone DOES do an excellent job and cleaning EVERYTHING off. However, it does mess with the surface and make it pretty tacky. I don’t know if that goes away when it dries or not, but I recently dyed the seats in one of my carts “flat black” (though it doesn’t look flat black, looks just like black with just the right amount of sheen vinyl should have). They were a little stained and dirty but not horrible, I just didn’t want them to be tan, and they didn’t match anyway. So I wiped them with acetone and used a couple cans of vinyl dye. You can get it at advanced for around 12 bucks or so. Works excellet, made them look brand new like they came from the factory that way. I’ve used the stuff before plenty and it holds up great over time too. Might be worth a few bucks investment to change the color of them.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car