lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2022, 09:17 AM   #1
lakereeltor
Not Yet Wild

Default Serial number is ground off frame

What years is this Yamaha ?

lakereeltor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2022, 10:35 AM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Serial number is ground off frame

engine compartment pictures cold help narrow it down. its a 79-89 Yamaha G1 golf cart. if those rubber insert cup holders in the front clip are stock the front clip would be fiberglass making it a 79-81. check the rear inner fenders to see if they are metal this would confirm that. there are a few locations the serial number can be found on these frames. its stamped usually in the left rear right below the body hinge. also on the engine fan side kinda where the plastic shroud meets the case on the rounded part of the engine. also the intake boot will be stamped J10 , J17, or J24

join the facebook group G1 G3 page as well
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 05:35 PM   #3
lakereeltor
Not Yet Wild

Last edited by lakereeltor; 09-20-2022 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: w
Old 09-21-2022, 06:12 AM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice looking older cart!. Sounds like a stolen cart to me, why else would somebody take the time to grind the serial number off of the frame?
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 03:44 PM   #5
lakereeltor
Not Yet Wild

I wanted to order a lift kit but I have seen that pre 1981 they need basically a new steering set up if you lift them and I was hoping to not fabricate a new steering system.

It looks ground off to me. I can find a number anywhere else. It is on top of the frame right by the air intake.
Old 09-21-2022, 03:50 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I wouldn’t necessarily assume it’s stolen. It’s nearly 40 years old. Lots could have happened to it over nearly a half century. I’ve had a few old carts like that, I think maybe one still had the serial number intact and legible.

Makes it difficult to source parts, I don’t know about the G1, as I’ve never owned one of those, but I’ve found in the old club cars, the wiring changed every couple years or so. So I was able to get it down to a couple year span based on comparing my cart to different wiring diagrams.

Fortunately the others I’ve had were G2 and G9 which are old, but new enough that they started using common parts that are similar if not the same so it was sorta hard to pick “wrong”
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha