lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2022, 04:06 PM   #11
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need help identifying what this is

Confirmed that's what was supposed to come out with Navitas. Thanks, all. The only differences I can tell are that the battery voltage doesn't read through the app with the key off now and there seems to be less "double tapping" to change direction or start from a stopped position. The latter could be my imagination.
Jmuoio81213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2022, 06:22 AM   #12
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuoio81213 View Post
Confirmed that's what was supposed to come out with Navitas. Thanks, all. The only differences I can tell are that the battery voltage doesn't read through the app with the key off now and there seems to be less "double tapping" to change direction or start from a stopped position. The latter could be my imagination.
Have you re-calibrated your throttle since you installed the navitas?
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 08:10 AM   #13
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

I did...but honestly I didn't much like the results. Too much pedal travel before movement, which then felt too abrupt to me. I also like a little extra travel at full throttle that I didn't get with it set "by the book". (So it isn't throttling down if you so much as shift your heel)

Solved with some adjustments. It is incredibly nice to have the level of adjustability aftermarket controllers allow. Also to be able to make them from the app and test many variations in one little trip around the neighborhood to see how they feel.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:27 AM   #14
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

What is your min max voltage? I had the same issue originally and I was told my max voltage was too low and to increase it.

Reason I ask is I had issues with needing to sometimes double tap the throttle as well even with the resistor removed from the start but that got better with calibrating the throttle.
Old 09-21-2022, 09:00 AM   #15
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

Turning the forward acc down helped a ton at low speed jumpiness and really doesn't feel like anything different at medium/high speeds, to me. The min/max really just changed the pedal travel before engagement/disengagement. My throttle, by the book, would be set at .26 min and 4.51 max.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2022, 09:03 AM   #16
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

That came out out like crap, so I'll just type it.

Min: .08
Creep X: .6
Creep Y: 11
Max: 4
Forward Acc: 40
Reverse Acc: 15
Old 09-21-2022, 09:07 AM   #17
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
That came out out like crap, so I'll just type it.

Min: .08
Creep X: .6
Creep Y: 11
Max: 4
Forward Acc: 40
Reverse Acc: 15
Haha was just about to say wow that picture is hard to read! Crazy how much different your values are from mine! If I set my minimum to that low my contactor would be constantly turning itself on and off with the cart basically sitting idle!
Old 09-21-2022, 09:45 AM   #18
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

I hear ya. Smoothness and low speed operation are super important to me, as often as I'm hauling little kids around. I probably spent an hour tweaking throttle settings to get the result I wanted. Adjusting the controller max amps down, setting the regen in a comfortable place and whatnot took no time at all.

One thing I will add...it seemed to work best for me to test adjustments with more like a 95% charge vs. a 100%, so it was more representative of what I'd experience most of the time.
Old 09-21-2022, 10:20 AM   #19
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

One thing I will add...it seemed to work best for me to test adjustments with more like a 95% charge vs. a 100%, so it was more representative of what I'd experience most of the time.
Good to know that my butt is still calibrated because I have noticed this with my cart as well

Tags
club car wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car