lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2022, 05:49 PM   #1
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Need help identifying what this is

Nothing more complicated than what it sounds like. I just don't know what I'm looking at or whether or not they need to stay with the new controller installed. I think the black box is a breaker, possibly for the lights...but I'm just guessing. The diode(?) inline on the yellow wire is a complete mystery to me. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2022-09-19 184614.png (278.3 KB, 0 views)
Jmuoio81213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2022, 06:09 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need help identifying what this is

The black control is a circuit breaker.

The diode in the yellow wire is probably wires across the main solenoid power terminals. If this is where the diode connects, it is required.

Usually they are mounted right across the solenoid main terminals, but maybe yours was hard to get to and someone decided to do it this way.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:31 PM   #3
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

That makes sense. Should I take a harder look at it and see if it's a high enough amperage (Maybe 3a vs 1a) since I upgraded the solenoid to a 200a when I did the controller? The wires are still to come, and I have the controller dialed way down until I get around to it, but if I need to plan for it in the future I might as well start now.

Incidentally, I don't see a resistor across the small solenoid terminals anywhere, either before or now. Do I need to do something with that as well?
Old 09-19-2022, 06:54 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuoio81213 View Post
That makes sense. Should I take a harder look at it and see if it's a high enough amperage (Maybe 3a vs 1a) since I upgraded the solenoid to a 200a when I did the controller? The wires are still to come, and I have the controller dialed way down until I get around to it, but if I need to plan for it in the future I might as well start now.

Incidentally, I don't see a resistor across the small solenoid terminals anywhere, either before or now. Do I need to do something with that as well?
It should be a 3 amp diode. Which controller do you have? The Alltrax XCT does not need the resistor. You should have a 3 amp diode on the coil of the solenoid as well. Make sure the stripes go toward the positive terminal.

List your cart serial number prefix [first 2 letters and 4 numbers]. Is it a series or sepex cart?
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:27 PM   #5
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

It's a Sepex with a 440 Navitas. I don't think that needs the resistor either, but maybe someone can clarify that for me. I have no reason to suspect anything is wrong with the diode, but I haven't checked to make sure it's a 3 vs 1. It does look too big to be a 1, cursorily.
Old 09-19-2022, 08:48 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

That’s a resistor, not a diode. Not for the solenoid. It appears to be connected to a Grey wire on one end. Possibly for charger interlock to the controller? Where does the grey wire go?
What wire or wires are connected to the other end?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 07:38 AM   #7
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

Hooked up it looks like this. Definitely across the solenoid.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2022, 07:39 AM   #8
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

Sorry...missed the attachment

Old 09-20-2022, 07:52 AM   #9
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

My club car had that same resistor and in the install guide for the navitas 440 it says to remove it that it isn't required. Or at least I assumed that is resistor it says to remove.
jasonojordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:43 AM   #10
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

That's what I think I'm reading as well. Just want to make sure it is supposed to get the axe before I do it. Sounds like it isn't supposed to stay in there, and while it doesn't seem to be doing harm I don't want extra parts floating around if I don't need them...and there must be some reason they recommended taking it out. When I installed the thing I didn't have a manual, but once I got one I wanted to make sure I did it correctly.

Tags
club car wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car