lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2022, 09:45 AM   #1
RUSHMAN
Not Yet Wild

Default Icon i40L Limp Mode - Threshold and Settings

Hi. I have a 2019 Icon i40L and have a question regarding "limp" mode. Typically the cart operates ~30MPH but the other day the batteries were around the 60% mark and top speed seemed limited to ~15MPH. I think this is the cart going into limp mode.

In my opinion, 60% remaining is too high to go into limp mode. Has others experienced the same scenario?

Is this an adjustable limit? 30% remaining seems to me like a more reasonable point for limp. Also, is there a setting to adjust what is the max speed in limp?

Appreciate the input!

Thanks
RUSHMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2022, 03:18 PM   #2
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Default Re: Icon i40L Limp Mode - Threshold and Settings

Do not go off of SOC%, they are terribly inaccurate. You need to be paying attention to voltage. I do not take my batteries under 48v at a standstill. Doing so takes life off the batteries.

If you are taking your voltage so low you are going into limp mode, you are doing damage to them and it will affect the lifespan.
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 03:28 PM   #3
RUSHMAN
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the feedback. How long (time/distance) should I expect it to last. Didn't seem like I went more than 10 miles combined.

Cart was purchased used, 2019, with 591 miles on it. I would expect more than that.
RUSHMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 04:54 PM   #4
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Yeah I've never tracked mileage from full to empty charge. We just use it in our neighborhood, and rarely have to head home to charge. Maybe once. The kids have been gone for hours though driving around with friends.
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
icon, limp, programming, settings
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon