lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2022, 11:18 AM   #11
Shanky
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New to Lithium, 72 or 105 ish?

We are in Florida and use it primarily for golf and driving around the neighborhood. We only live 1.25 miles from the course and a neighborhood drive is only about 4 miles. So our max usage case might might 12-15 miles in a day. We have never seen our Eco 105 drop below about 80% in a single day. I am sure we would have been fine with the smaller version.
Shanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2022, 02:12 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanky View Post
We are in Florida and use it primarily for golf and driving around the neighborhood. We only live 1.25 miles from the course and a neighborhood drive is only about 4 miles. So our max usage case might might 12-15 miles in a day. We have never seen our Eco 105 drop below about 80% in a single day. I am sure we would have been fine with the smaller version.
I'm sure you would have been fine with the 72 AH also. I know we are.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 02:50 PM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

This question of Ah capacity needed comes around a lot here.

I am still waiting to read a thread about two Allied 30Ah's or the Eco Battery 72Ah not being enough capacity to do what someone needed to do.

I know a LOT of these two have been sold and nary a complaint. Of course with the Allied's, you can always add another one for 90Ah.

With Eco Battery you can add another one for 144Ah, which would be enough for a cross country ride!

There is no reason not to charge your Eco Battery every day you ride over 5 miles or so. It sure is nice to start out with a fresh pack every day.

And NO, it does not shorted the life expectancy of the pack.

Ten - 10Ah recharges equals one life cycle.
Two - 50Ah recharges equals one life cycle.

One caveat: For a series cart tromping through the woods or heavy farm use, get the very biggest lithium you can afford and will fit in your cart!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:44 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post

I am still waiting to read a thread about two Allied 30Ah's or the Eco Battery 72Ah not being enough capacity to do what someone needed to do.

:

I added a 3rd for 90aH, mostly because of weather.

With warm weather, the 60aH allieds were fine for my warm weather use. Although 90aH is noticeably better.
When it gets below 50 degrees they were not as happy but still fine. Partially due to colder temperature and partially because of the extra wind drag created by my enclosure.
When it was 30 degrees they were even more unhappy
Add snow and donuts and sustained higher amperage pulls (which we frequently enjoy) and they would occasionally get downright angry. So I added a 3rd to help distribute the load over the 3 batteries instead of just the two.

I’ll also add that’s with a completely stock drive system. Upgrade to higher amperage controller, motor, bigger tires, etc. you will have different results. You can program the bigger controller to limit current draw and extend range (like Tom does).

I have noticed at cruising speed @25mph the admiral pulls about 10 amps more than my stock motor did. And heavy acceleration I never saw my stock motor go above about 150ish amps and the admiral is in the mid/high 160’s. Still stock controller.

Overall having had the 60aH and 90aH, I am much happier with the 3rd battery. I should have bought 3 to begin with.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 03:21 PM   #15
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I added a 3rd for 90aH, mostly because of weather.

With warm weather, the 60aH allieds were fine for my warm weather use. Although 90aH is noticeably better.
When it gets below 50 degrees they were not as happy but still fine. Partially due to colder temperature and partially because of the extra wind drag created by my enclosure.
When it was 30 degrees they were even more unhappy
Add snow and donuts and sustained higher amperage pulls (which we frequently enjoy) and they would occasionally get downright angry. So I added a 3rd to help distribute the load over the 3 batteries instead of just the two.

I’ll also add that’s with a completely stock drive system. Upgrade to higher amperage controller, motor, bigger tires, etc. you will have different results. You can program the bigger controller to limit current draw and extend range (like Tom does).

I have noticed at cruising speed @25mph the admiral pulls about 10 amps more than my stock motor did. And heavy acceleration I never saw my stock motor go above about 150ish amps and the admiral is in the mid/high 160’s. Still stock controller.

Overall having had the 60aH and 90aH, I am much happier with the 3rd battery. I should have bought 3 to begin with.
It was nice with Allied that you have that option to upgrade.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 01:27 PM   #16
sPiKe
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Has anyone had experience with the new Allied commercial or the Dakota single batteries?
sPiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 10:14 PM   #17
Thomasdthe3rd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I bought the eco 48v 105 ah battery. Stock 2006 ds with 23 inch tires and lift. Does 25 with 3-4 people on it. Used to do 20 with lead acid (4 12 volts). I got the 105 because I may upgrade to ac 5 kw in the future. Buy once, cry once. Better acceleration. Haven’t really done a long ride with it yet but battery doesn’t lose much voltage. I was told the 72 ah wouldn’t handle the ac upgrade very well.
Thomasdthe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car