lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2022, 10:46 AM   #11
Gunpie001
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Re: 1993 par car governor removal

I noticed where the oil line plugs into the carb is wide open. You may want to plug it off. I think the can mess with your fuel/air ratio and cause it to run lean. That might help with the starting issue. I would also grab a friend to drive the cart with the back open and watch the primary clutch to make sure it engaging ok. yours looks pretty old and could be slipping. I have the same cart and i have to replace the primary and the secondary this year as well. A new primary is around $350 online and a pain to get off.
Gunpie001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2022, 12:38 PM   #12
Jbac86
Not Yet Wild

I did a compression test on it yesterday and it was 97psi hot. The speedo app I downloaded showed a top speed of 10mph. Fuel flow seems to be fine and the spark plug was a nice brown color. I was looking at the secondary clutch and it appears that it is only open half way so I’m wondering if there is an issue with the primary clutch, does anyone happen to know if you can rebuild these or do I just have to buy a new one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ABD2B82D-C6FC-401D-85CA-E8F32E178C2A.jpg (352.5 KB, 0 views)
Jbac86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:01 PM   #13
Jbac86
Not Yet Wild

I’ll plug that hole next time I’m up north. I disassembled the starter and cleaned all the contacts and now it starts a lot better. I’m gonna look into the primary next. Thanks for the input.
Old 09-20-2022, 07:23 AM   #14
Lochlin
Gone Wild

96 psi is good for these carts. Regarding the clutches, the primary clutches are very hardy and don't go bad very often. I don't believe that anything in them is repairable.

It's more likely that your secondary clutch is bad. I am not aware of any way to repair or test them either. Personally, I would replace the secondary and see where you are at. They aren't cheap but are still half the price of the primary. Replacing that clutch is easy and only takes a few minutes.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 04:24 PM   #15
Jbac86
Not Yet Wild

The secondary clutch is brand new it cost $360.00
Old 09-22-2022, 03:13 PM   #16
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Dang, those secondaries got expensive. I think I paid less than $200 for the last one I bought and that wasn't all that long ago, maybe 5 years.

Again, those primaries really don't have a lot to them inside. Pretty much just a spring and some clutch weights. A parts manual is located here which will have a nice schematic:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/colu...MP_SHUTTLE.pdf

Those come apart pretty easily. You may want to do that and clean everything out really good. There is a sizable spring in there too that you can replace. Most of the other stuff is what it is, though.....stuff that really doesn't wear out. Check your flange faces to make sure that there are no grooves on them or anything.

Oh, you probably did this but make sure that you have the right belt. If your belt is even an inch bigger than it's supposed to be then your secondary won't open as it should. You may want to get one from a reputable seller as a lot of places will ship you a Harley belt and tell you it's for a Columbia. Kraft Implement in Wisconsin or Vintage Golf Cart Parts in Washington will send you the right one for sure.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 02:27 PM   #17
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

On buggies unlimited the clutch is only 139.99 cheaper than my secondary clutch for my 83 Ezgo which was 189.99
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar