lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2022, 12:54 PM   #11
poepjin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2010 G29 electric stopped working

What's next? Anybody some suggestions?
Thanks
poepjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2022, 10:09 AM   #12
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

OK. Your controller and your motor are looking pretty good.
Unplug your regen sensor which is located on the end of the motor.
Try car.
Check continuity on the three TPS wires.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 09:53 AM   #13
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

For what it’s worth I just finished fixing a g29 yesterday with most of the same problems. It had a faulty TPS and the controller was dead. After installing the new controller and TPS I was getting readings and solenoid would click and reverse buzzer worked. But the motor wouldn’t engage. Put it on jack stands and had someone push down on the throttle. I was at the back manipulating the 26 pin harness and the motor would sometimes engage. The terminals inside the plug were not always making contact,I have come across this problem a couple of times before. The wires (orange,blak,blue) from the TPS were not giving the signal to the controller. My cheap solution to verify the problem was to take three thin straight pins and push them into the wire side of the harness plug.
The cart ran on the jack stands so I took it for a long test drive tringing to find the roughest terrain possible. Cart ran flawlessly.
I determined that the terminals in the harness plug have lost their tension and won’t always make contact. The dealers don’t service the plug parts and I haven’t found info on a tool to take it apart to change those terminals. You can get a complete harness from Yamaha or you can try my trick
Good luck
Papas 73Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 05:26 PM   #14
DblaronG29
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by poepjin View Post

And then.... I was so lucky to get my hands on a used Z-2Diagnostic Tester
I was so happy to see that this would solve all my problems with troubleshooting.
It came...but with the wrong harness adapter. I think on there is the one for the G22.
Does anybody have an idea where I could get the one for the G29??? Yamaha won't sell it to me.

Thanks for your time reading though all this.
There's a chance I can help with the harness adapter, I have been doing a lot of research lately on my G29. Can you send me a picture of what you have?
DblaronG29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 02:29 AM   #15
poepjin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblaronG29 View Post
There's a chance I can help with the harness adapter, I have been doing a lot of research lately on my G29. Can you send me a picture of what you have?
Sure, I will do that tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2022, 02:31 AM   #16
poepjin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papas 73Dart View Post
For what it’s worth I just finished fixing a g29 yesterday with most of the same problems. It had a faulty TPS and the controller was dead. After installing the new controller and TPS I was getting readings and solenoid would click and reverse buzzer worked. But the motor wouldn’t engage. Put it on jack stands and had someone push down on the throttle. I was at the back manipulating the 26 pin harness and the motor would sometimes engage. The terminals inside the plug were not always making contact,I have come across this problem a couple of times before. The wires (orange,blak,blue) from the TPS were not giving the signal to the controller. My cheap solution to verify the problem was to take three thin straight pins and push them into the wire side of the harness plug.
The cart ran on the jack stands so I took it for a long test drive tringing to find the roughest terrain possible. Cart ran flawlessly.
I determined that the terminals in the harness plug have lost their tension and won’t always make contact. The dealers don’t service the plug parts and I haven’t found info on a tool to take it apart to change those terminals. You can get a complete harness from Yamaha or you can try my trick
Good luck
Papas.... you saved my life!
I stuck my hand through the back, pushed down on the harness where it plugs into the controller, stepped on the accelerator and that darn thing started to move. Unbelievable!
All this grief because of a bad contact. And I also know why: When I started to diagnose, I unplugged the harness from the controller and in order to put my probes from the Ohm meter at the contacts in the harness, I inserted some thin wires. But they were not thin enough and inadvertently I opened up these contacts; so when I plugged the harness back into the controller they didn't make contact anymore.
So I did now the same thing like you: I cut little pieces of very thin wire, stuck them into the harness end, plugged it back into the controller and everything is gravy again.
Well...I sure learned my lesson on that one.
Thanks for pointing my in the right direction. Now my sleepless nights have found an end.
Old 09-14-2022, 01:09 PM   #17
poepjin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Here is what I got. The tester is fine, just the harness does not fit for a G29.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2726.jpg (400.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2727.jpg (220.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha