lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2022, 09:21 AM   #1
thenaz007
Not Yet Wild

Default New EcoBattery 48/12 Reducer Harness "key on" wire.

Just installed a new 105 and the voltage reducer now has a harness out that includes an additional orange "Key On" wire on a long lead.

Pooped after the rest of the install on a 95 degree day, but assuming the "key on" wire must be energized for the 48/12 voltage reducer to work.

Of course I have everything buttoned up, as the lead appears to be long enough to run all the way to the ignition on my 09 CC Precedent.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a convenient location under the seat to pick up that "key On" signal?

I found no instructions with my order, online, or at the Eco Battery Website.

Really Appreciate the Help! Definitely perked up performance and super range!
thenaz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2022, 09:49 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New EcoBattery 48/12 Reducer Harness "key on" wire.

This wire is meant to go to the key switch. It's not hard to do. If you connect in the battery bay you risk the reducer being on all the time or being on only when the go pedal is depressed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 03:06 PM   #3
thenaz007
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scotty! Was hoping to save a little work :-)

I hope Eco Battery appreciates all the continual help and support you give them on this forum!
thenaz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 03:20 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenaz007 View Post
Thanks Scotty! Was hoping to save a little work :-)

I hope Eco Battery appreciates all the continual help and support you give them on this forum!
I have never seen a manufacturer better represented here. I am only one of many and the many are doing a great job. Now crawl under that cart and fish that wire up to the key, Remember to attach it with a couple of zip ties so a branch can't pull it away
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 08:27 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, if you're lazy like me, you could find the tan wire that goes to Pin 10 on the controller and splice into that. That tan wire is connected to the keyswitch
output blue, footswitch blue, and solenoid light blue wires.

Personally, I don't care to have an extra 48+ wire strung along the frame where it can rub through somewhere.

But that's just me. Do what Scotty says if you want to do it right.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 01:08 AM   #6
golf4dj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am looking to do the same (run a wire up to the key so that the reducer is only on with key on).

What size wire would be appropriate? If I understand correctly, this wire simply tells the reducer to power on with the key as the reducer is still connected to the battery.
golf4dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 12:09 PM   #7
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can do what everybody else does when they connect their converter w/o an extra long orange wire. Somewhere in the dash area is an extra wire. Connect one end to the key sw and splice the other end to the orange wire.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 04:19 PM   #8
golf4dj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK - what I did.

Tapped into the switched wire at the solenoid. For me on my 2005 Precedent this was a blue wire. Tested in the garage and everything seems to function correctly with my reducer only on when key is on.

For me - the reducer runs into a fuse box which then powers my lights, USB charger and a bluetooth receiver/speakers.
golf4dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car