lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2022, 12:45 PM   #1
Iamicer
Not Yet Wild

Default Does bypass/removing reed switch damage controller?

Any concern that permanently bypassing or removing the reed switch on EZ-GO TXT PDS will cause damage to the controller?
Iamicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2022, 07:55 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Does bypass/removing reed switch damage controller?

No, not at all
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 10:39 AM   #3
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The only damage it may present to the cart is driving off with the charger plugged up and snatching the cable out. If you have bypassed the reed switch then a good habit to get into is whenever you plug up the charger run the plug handle and cable through the steering wheel. You're not likely to get on and drive off with the charge cable right there in your face.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:00 PM   #4
Iamicer
Not Yet Wild

Sir Nuke and sthreatt,
Thank you so kindly for your responses and replies, and expert information.

I have yet to work on a used EZ-GO with an intact and functioning reed switch. My concern was, since the circuit is opened to the controller when the charge plug is inserted into the receptacle, that that charger voltage/current was then not only routed to the batteries to charge them, but also directly to the controller.

Although the charger plug when plugged into the receptacle is rather hard to miss if you sit in the drivers seat, I have inadvertently placed the cart into drive or reverse with it still plugged into the AC outlet, and the charger sitting on the cart floor. I do this on occasion, because I am a condo dweller now, and sometimes need to charge at the pole next to the dock, and I don't like to set my charger on the ground or gravel.

Again, thank you for helping and reassuring! Much obliged.
Iamicer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, reed switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO