lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2022, 06:33 AM   #1
Jbrowne479
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo txt lift kit

my dad bought a 2007 ezgo txt and we just got it running, so now he is wanting to lift it and add bigger wheels and tires.

i know jakes is the best, but what other options are out there that ride decent?

it will be used for yard work and camp ground cruising. Are the drop front axles good?
Jbrowne479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2022, 10:03 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: ezgo txt lift kit

Adding a lift and bigger wheels and tires will not make the cart ride better, most of the time the ride gets worse. The only lifts that I have used that ride and handle good are the Jakes LT kits. Standard lift kits will always ride kinda stiff and steering and handling suffers due to the raised center of gravity. I have used kits from all different manufacturers and they pretty much all ride bad, with the exception of the Jakes long travel kit. I have made my own lifts too, one out of an atv front suspension, which actually turned out great and rode smooth and steered fantastic. Used the disc brakes from the atv too and it stopped on a dime.

The EZGO TXT uses leaf springs in the rear and leaf springs in the front. You just can't do much with those leaf springs to make them ride good. For smooth terrain, most lift kits will be just fine below 20 mph. The faster you go, and the rougher the terrain, that suspension will not perform well. Brand and style probably won't matter too much on those.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 07:40 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Big sidewalls can improve the ride quality significantly. I have put big 6ply balloon mud and rock lugs on the rear and bigger 4 ply fronts on both ranch carts. These rears required a 1 inch spacer to clear the leaf springs on hard corners when they flex sideways. Mounted on stock rims. They made a big difference in reducing the harshness of the ride.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear tires.jpg (74.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg front tire.jpg (54.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2475.jpg (544.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2464.jpg (630.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2466.jpg (659.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 10:14 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

ScottyB is right. With that said, low tire pressure and lots of sidewall give less than desireable cornering performance, just to be clear. Ride will be softer though, no doubt. It's a trade off.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts