lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2022, 03:02 PM   #1
Denny B
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default A little more help needed...

I'm the same guy that was asking questions a few weeks ago about understanding a tapered shaft adapter.

Now, I am asking about a "straight" shaft adapter.

My buggy runs great with the tapered shaft but the vibration throughout the buggy is incredible. I cranked the engine (Predator 212) today and watched the primary clutch (tapered shaft with a shaft adapter) and noticed a slight (tiny) wobble at the bolt head and outer clutch suggesting that maybe the tapered shaft isn't sitting completely centered/straight on the engine shaft.

So, I thought I would try a straight shaft drive clutch.

Here is my question and dilemma. The engine shaft is 3/4". I easily find 3/4" to 1" adapters...but...all the clutches I have found so far all say the inner bore is 1.18".

Can one of you guys suggest a combination of clutch and adapter that would be more adaptable to the 3/4" engine shaft?

Thanks.
Denny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2022, 05:50 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: A little more help needed...

Vegascarts is closing out their 3/4 to 1" adapter for $17.99. You could then add a comet 780 clutch which is very easy to to tune and is the clutch of choice for many clone swaps.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 06:08 PM   #3
Denny B
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Vegascarts is closing out their 3/4 to 1" adapter for $17.99. You could then add a comet 780 clutch which is very easy to to tune and is the clutch of choice for many clone swaps.
I was looking at the comet 380 clutch on "Google". I was excited to see it has a 1-inch bore, but then I noticed that it doesn't have a V-Belt pulley to run the alternator. I guess I could weld a pulley on the back side if there is enough room between the clutch and the engine.

I found this clutch on FleeBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/232925072152 and it has a 13/16 bore. I was thinking maybe I could use this after taking it to a machine shop and having it bored out to 3/4". That is what the engine shaft is.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:19 PM   #4
Denny B
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny B View Post
I was looking at the comet 380 clutch on "Google". I was excited to see it has a 1-inch bore, but then I noticed that it doesn't have a V-Belt pulley to run the alternator. I guess I could weld a pulley on the back side if there is enough room between the clutch and the engine.

I found this clutch on FleeBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/232925072152 and it has a 13/16 bore. I was thinking maybe I could use this after taking it to a machine shop and having it bored out to 3/4". That is what the engine shaft is.
I just found the solution to my problem. Unfortunately, it is currently out of stock. I did put myself on the "Notify" list when it's back in stock.

https://vegascarts.com/products/bill...ch-starter-gen
Old 08-22-2022, 08:47 PM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

That is the exact set up I have. The VC S/G pulley with a VC supplied comet 780. I did change the springs and weights in the 780 to suit my driving needs. Geoff at VC had machined up another 100 of them and they sold in a day or two.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps