lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2022, 01:07 PM   #21
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: A little different, Husqvarna 208cc in mobility scooter

Check this one out. Yes.....a bit pricier than your build......but it's all done!!

https://ezraiderus.com/product/ezraider-hd4/
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2022, 01:51 PM   #22
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ha! That electric scooter is nuts! But for 19 thousand dollars!.... I think they're a wee bit over-excited about their own product!!!

Mine is a roller now! I set the rear tires to stand proud of their original width by 2.75 inches each to give a little better stability.

I'm cleaning up the welds tonight and will be re-welding tomorrow on a really nice welder. My little 120v wire feed is just not sufficient for real world use. But tomorrow morning I'll be solid!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:28 AM   #23
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Ha! That electric scooter is nuts! But for 19 thousand dollars!.... I think they're a wee bit over-excited about their own product!!!

Mine is a roller now! I set the rear tires to stand proud of their original width by 2.75 inches each to give a little better stability.

I'm cleaning up the welds tonight and will be re-welding tomorrow on a really nice welder. My little 120v wire feed is just not sufficient for real world use. But tomorrow morning I'll be solid!
Love to watch your build progress!

I've read the details they posted on that EZRaider and found it interesting that they don't recommend driving it into water more than 6" deep. However....I've found on the web where guys have pulled apart the electric motors (electric bikes) and then coated the internals with a spray on alternator protective "stuff", then drilled 4 weep holes in the case for water to escape, and going underwater apparently is not a problem. I don't know if that's true in "real outdoor" situations or not.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:11 AM   #24
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Here’s a video of what this build can do. This is what I need to do what I want. No limitation!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7yDkWR_y0Ao
Old 06-01-2022, 07:14 AM   #25
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I know you haven't posted any updates, and that's NBD. But you got me thinking....which is not necessarily a good thing.

But...what if the front of a 3-WH scooter could have the front tire swapped out using a longer front fork\suspension kit for a kids electric scooter with an electric front hub? Thus making the scooter an AWD unit which should better handle some "tougher" terrain? Mebby the scooter fork "upgrade" would not be necessary if the existing fork were just welded\extended to handle the larger 8"-10" wheel\tire assembly?

Of course, a new controller would certainly help as well. (Alltrax)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Front-Sus...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Old 06-03-2022, 12:28 PM   #26
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ha! a 3x3 scooter! That'd be a talking point! LOL.

I'm in the city so everything is paved and I'm not worried about not enough traction. I do have a solid axle so I had a small concern about too much traction making turning difficult but it seems fine.

No updates yet, been on vacation and now I'm "Working From Home". I'm actually at the beach. The family is on vaca on the first floor while I'm in the business center on the top floor working. I'll be here a week so hopefully some progress will be made the week after.

I did have a test run though! My son and his buddies (all 12 year olds) decided to tie a rope to it and pull each other on it with a bicycle. I hadn't considered that and the boys loved it but the bolt that holds the rear tires onto the solid axle were not fully tightened nor were they blue-loctite'd yet... The cart made it up and down the street probably a dozen times before the right rear decided to go wandering away...

I put the wheel back on but the bolt was MIA, so no more test runs till I get some more 5/16ths bolts. And tighten them. And blue loctite them.

----- edit -----

And one more thing, the front is independent suspension! The back had a swingarm and it's a hardtail now, but the front is independent! So cool. Anyway, I'll opt for the additional stability the 4w version has rather than switch to a 3w version. That's the biggest reason I didn't start a project like this earlier than now. I am certain the 4w version is not going to be stable enough for some of the stupidity I'll do but the 3w version won't be stable enough for any of the stupidity I'll do.....
Old 06-03-2022, 01:40 PM   #27
DaveTM
Gone Wild

12YO boys will be 12YO boys for sure!!

Enjoy the vacation!!
Old 12-06-2023, 11:44 AM   #28
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow, I realized I dropped the ball on keeping this thread up to date.

Let's see, I completed the initial build and with me (260 lbs) on it the GPS says I got 34~35mph... But the solid rear axle made it tough on pavement.

So I switched the passenger side rear tire with a tire and hub that had bearings. Now, when I get off the pavement I have no traction. But I can do cool one wheel donuts!

To solve this I thought, I need wider tires... Stock golf cart tires. So I have purchased the torque-a-verter, new 60t rear sprocket, freewheel hub and live hub that have a 4x4 bolt pattern and a disc brake settup for better stopping. I do not yet have the stock size golf cart tires although a friend of an inlaw said they'd give me two the next time I'm in their neck of the woods.

Quick napkin math puts the new top speed somewhere in the mid 40's using these components and with the torque-a-verter I should have a stronger launch!

Also I'm installing a Mikuni knock off carb. Why not, right!

Oh, and I created a website. www.LetsMakeSomethingStupid.com. It's just a landing page for some pictures right now, not much to it. Future plans are to build other stupid things and post pictures there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6494.jpg (466.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6487.jpg (1.15 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6402.jpg (695.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-06-2023, 03:22 PM   #29
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Great project! A lot of those things are like the off road gokarts they make a cradle with the engine and drive a big swingarm, then mount a shock or two to hold it. Golfcarts are that way mostly.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 11:10 AM   #30
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Sho!

I did pick up a bunch of gokart disc brake components on the cheap. I'm hoping to make that work because a band brake actuated by a hand lever is pretty darn weak...

I now have foot pedals sitting in my garage so I may put the band brake on a foot pedal and the hand brake on the disc. But that's just options. I'll sort it out in Q1, 2024.

Also, cruising in the mid 20's was really comfortable... Too comfortable. Very easy to get complacent. At 30+ you do have both hands on the handlebars but it's actually more comfortable than my golf cart at the same speed!

I just found a really good deal on two 20x8x8 lawnmower wheels that will fit my axle... So I may have them in my garage tomorrow. We'll see.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps