lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2020, 03:42 PM   #1
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default 670 Setups?

Hey yall,

Looking for some ideas on the throttle cable set up, on the 670...
Pictures would help, even if you have to break out the Crayolas..
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 670 Setups?

20200905_135458.jpg

I cut out a piece of galvanized sheet metal...mounted the throttle into it, made another plate for the throttle arm on the carb...bolted it on. This eliminates all the slop in the stock throttle linkages. NO GOVERNOR though. I'm thinking about going back to a governor throttle in case someone else drives it, or I drive it after a dozen beers or so.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:44 AM   #3
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Thanks for the picture, we're my troubled spot is the return spring,for the throttle cable, I already ditched the bracket, what a mess 8 jillions moving parts,and 4 jillion springs, just for the choke and throttle cable lmao.
This morning I will delete the governor all together!!
Old 12-13-2020, 08:41 PM   #4
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Did the governor delete this morning, i actually like opening the case up, and take a dremal and cut the bottom of the governor rod and close it back up....,

(I know I know ya yaaa ya, I could
have used a spring on the arm to hold it back)

I keep saying i not going to mod it out, but there are things i think i need to do, just because i know i can break $hit, just having fun
No cam, but i still want lifters and push rods, retainers, just because i took the governor off, hoping it will run past 4000 rpms......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201213_070854.jpg (156.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-13-2020, 08:57 PM   #5
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

One other delete i want to do is the "low oil shut off " in this picture you will see an "X" i think that is the switch coming from the sensor inside, 3 wires simple enough,

If is so simple, then why am i so confused ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201213_080442.jpg (164.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-13-2020, 09:43 PM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The actual sensor if you will is inside the crankcase. I hope you didn't put the front cover back on. It is the black item below the crankshaft held on by 2 bolts inside plus the fitting thru the block with the wires. You definitely want to remove it. You can see it quite clearly in your open crankcase pic. You might want to look at Red Beard's Garage 40+ HP 670 build up dated may 28 of 2018 on you tube. It is a pretty good guide to what one of these engines is like to work on. P.S. Since you got such a great deal on it I would stick some billet connecting rod in and make it really rpm safe.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:15 AM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Vasily Builds also does a nice quick video on a 670 build again on youtube. I subscribe to him and Red Beard along with the carsandcameras duo. Plenty of small engine hot rodding projects from these 3 sites.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 12:10 PM   #8
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Hangs head in shame.......
How is it, that every time I work on something, i have parts left over, i better hide these and make them disappear. Before my wife starts asking questions, Out of sight out of mind.

And yes i did take out the low level switch, along with the governor gears....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201214_104850.jpg (143.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-14-2020, 12:20 PM   #9
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Lightbulb Re: 670 Setups?

I do have a question pertaining the yellow and green wires coming from the flywheel, those same yellow and green wires went to the low level switch, can I cut those yellow and green wires coming out of my flywheel? It seems like those the green and yellow wires now go to nothing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201214_105111.jpg (100.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201214_104850.jpg (92.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-14-2020, 04:13 PM   #10
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

So about the green and yellow wires, they actually go to the cutoff solenoid, into the bottom center of the carburetor, I pulled the connection off the cutoff solenoid and was able to pull the yellow and green wire completely out and away from the engine.

So I have all the wires hooked up to start the engine, I have gas running into the carburetor, I have been trying for the last 2 hours to start this b$cth, had to walk away for awhile.....
As I am driving to visit my mom,who is still in the hospital, the light went off in my in my head, the shut-off solenoid that I pulled the yellow and green wires out of, it's probably closed, so I will pull the fan cover and shroud off, so I can actually remove the shut off solenoid and take a look at what needs to be done, then reassemble it,.......
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!