lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2022, 07:00 AM   #81
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: State of Charge % incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy75 View Post
Dealer, Mike's Golf Carts, was supposed to get me a new one. I've been waiting quite some time and haven't heard anything.

One thing I did find out through trial and error, If I use the cart down to 50ish% left, it resets on its own every time.
Yes, the reset is performed by the controller when the key is turned on after charging.

See 11.03.04 BDI reset per cell -
After the key switch is powered on, if it is detected that the key switch voltage is greater than this power reset voltage and the current SOC is lower than this power reset percentage, the power level will be reset to 100%
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2022, 07:26 AM   #82
derelicte
Gone Wild

Is it possible to correct the battery gauge to work with lithium batteries? I've looked at it but it wasn't obvious to me how to do it.
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 04:56 AM   #83
kdog2018
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevet61 View Post
I do not see any setting that seems to be relevant to the SOC errors we all seem to get. Attachment 231622
I don't see any settings for it either but I finally did get a replacement by emailing parts@iconev.com with the chassis info and by the foot pedals
kdog2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 08:14 AM   #84
stevet61
Getting Wild

How did you get them to send the parts to you? They told me that I had to go through the hassle of dealing with the service department at the dealer where I bought it. Did you buy the cart directly from ICON?
stevet61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 04:59 PM   #85
kdog2018
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevet61 View Post
How did you get them to send the parts to you? They told me that I had to go through the hassle of dealing with the service department at the dealer where I bought it. Did you buy the cart directly from ICON?
Just emailed them the info chassis info etc from earlier post and explained having issue. No I bought it from local dealer last year they wouldn't let you buy from them directly as I tried that first. If you read previous threads others got replacement too.

Also Found this guy selling some

https://www.shopmonroes.com/shop/c/p...-x60794764.htm

"Update just now from Terry @ Icon

Ok, after many many aggravating days and nights (WAY too many), and seemingly endless testing, re-testing, and re-testing again, we finally have the answers, and solutions, to the incorrect state of charge meter issues. Most of the information I previously shared was correct, and some needs updating. So here is the situation.......
First of all, its important to note that this charge meter issue in NO WAY affects the operation of anyone's cart. It is an annoyance, absolutely, but it does not affect your battery range. The issue was caused by essentially a .2 - .3 volt variable in the meter readings. Also, the length of time since the charging cycle was completed also factored in. So without boring everyone to tears with the tech data, the cliff notes version is that in many cases the cart sat long enough after the charging cycle was complete, that the resting voltage dropped a hair below the 51V threshold required to reset the meter to 100%. Tech people know that charger output is actually in the neighborhood of 60 volts during the charging cycle, but once charging is complete that number drops quickly until the "resting voltage" number is reached. And if that number is below 51 volts when the key is turned on, the meter will not reset to 100%. If the key was turned on PRIOR to the voltage dropping below 51v, then the 100% reset would take place. That is why it was an intermittent problem, because sometimes people turned the key on before the drop, but other times maybe the cart sat 12, 14 hours or whatever before they used it.
So we are now in the process of reprogramming enough meters to make sure that everyone having this issue can have it resolved. Every customer can decide for themselves if they prefer to have us send a corrected meter directly to them and they will install it themselves (takes all of 30 seconds, if that), or if they prefer to take their cart to a dealer to have it done. That choice is up to the customer. Speedometer clusters for non-lifted carts are in stock and available now, and lifted cart clusters should be ready by Monday. Anyone reading this email that needs a replacement cluster sent to them please email me at trekas@iconev.com. Please put "cluster" in the subject line, and be sure to include your name, address, phone number, the type of cart (i40L, etc), and the chassis LTA number from the data plate on the floor near the accelerator pedal.
Thank you, and we apologize for all the inconvenience and annoyance this issue brought. Hopefully this will be the end of it 🙂

Link to group https://www.facebook.com/groups/283409022761803/"
kdog2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 04:08 AM   #86
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog2018 View Post
Just emailed them the info chassis info etc from earlier post and explained having issue. No I bought it from local dealer last year they wouldn't let you buy from them directly as I tried that first. If you read previous threads others got replacement too.

Also Found this guy selling some

https://www.shopmonroes.com/shop/c/p...-x60794764.htm

"Update just now from Terry @ Icon

Ok, after many many aggravating days and nights (WAY too many), and seemingly endless testing, re-testing, and re-testing again, we finally have the answers, and solutions, to the incorrect state of charge meter issues. Most of the information I previously shared was correct, and some needs updating. So here is the situation.......
First of all, its important to note that this charge meter issue in NO WAY affects the operation of anyone's cart. It is an annoyance, absolutely, but it does not affect your battery range. The issue was caused by essentially a .2 - .3 volt variable in the meter readings. Also, the length of time since the charging cycle was completed also factored in. So without boring everyone to tears with the tech data, the cliff notes version is that in many cases the cart sat long enough after the charging cycle was complete, that the resting voltage dropped a hair below the 51V threshold required to reset the meter to 100%. Tech people know that charger output is actually in the neighborhood of 60 volts during the charging cycle, but once charging is complete that number drops quickly until the "resting voltage" number is reached. And if that number is below 51 volts when the key is turned on, the meter will not reset to 100%. If the key was turned on PRIOR to the voltage dropping below 51v, then the 100% reset would take place. That is why it was an intermittent problem, because sometimes people turned the key on before the drop, but other times maybe the cart sat 12, 14 hours or whatever before they used it.
So we are now in the process of reprogramming enough meters to make sure that everyone having this issue can have it resolved. Every customer can decide for themselves if they prefer to have us send a corrected meter directly to them and they will install it themselves (takes all of 30 seconds, if that), or if they prefer to take their cart to a dealer to have it done. That choice is up to the customer. Speedometer clusters for non-lifted carts are in stock and available now, and lifted cart clusters should be ready by Monday. Anyone reading this email that needs a replacement cluster sent to them please email me at trekas@iconev.com. Please put "cluster" in the subject line, and be sure to include your name, address, phone number, the type of cart (i40L, etc), and the chassis LTA number from the data plate on the floor near the accelerator pedal.
Thank you, and we apologize for all the inconvenience and annoyance this issue brought. Hopefully this will be the end of it 🙂

Link to group https://www.facebook.com/groups/283409022761803/"
Terry,

Is sounds like you guys are making the changes directly in the clusters which requires them to be physically removed and swapped out. We went rounds and rounds back and forth with Lvtong reguarding the stand-alone program to program these clusters (mainly to correct speedo calibration on neos equipped vehicles) they swear it doesn’t exsist but it does! They used to (prior to icon) supply its dealers selling Lvtong vehicles preloaded on the programming tablets. I guess my question on this is now, there are multiple parameters in the controller programming that seem to correlate with these adjustments. The provisions are there in the hardware, does the cluster not use the soc reset signal from the controller? If you look at 11.03.04 based off what you’re saying you should be able to drop this value by .2-.3 and accomplish the same thing…
Old 08-25-2022, 04:11 AM   #87
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

I just realized you pasted his response and I’m not actually responding to him… sorry about that but I’ve had my haunch’s about the reset and pack voltage parameters in the controller for sometime now if you go back and visit my earlier posts in this thread.
Old 06-03-2023, 09:07 AM   #88
jjbaer12
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandposse View Post
Just an FYI for you fellow ICON owners. After my cart was charged overnight I went to drive it this afternoon and noticed the SOC % was reading 71%. I talked to the dealer and they said that when you charge an ICON you need to switching the power switch (the one under the seat) to the "OFF" position and then recharge. The switch should be in this position every time the cart is charged. Not sure if any of you all have had this issue before but this has happened twice to me in the past five days.
If this happens there’s a technique to fix i in my Icon. I think this is it but Google it as I’m not responsible if it doesn’t work.

With the key in the off position, plug your charge cord into the cart and wait till the charge indicator on the body turns green. Wait 10 seconds and turn the key to the on position, wait 10 seconds and turn the key off. Unplug cart and turn the key on, at this point the gauge should be reset to 100%.
jjbaer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 10:09 AM   #89
BackNine29
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbaer12 View Post
If this happens there’s a technique to fix i in my Icon. I think this is it but Google it as I’m not responsible if it doesn’t work.

With the key in the off position, plug your charge cord into the cart and wait till the charge indicator on the body turns green. Wait 10 seconds and turn the key to the on position, wait 10 seconds and turn the key off. Unplug cart and turn the key on, at this point the gauge should be reset to 100%.
Have seen this technique stated many times on Facebook ICON group.
BackNine29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 04:11 PM   #90
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

A friend of mine has the opposite problem with their nearly new Icon. The SOC meter starts at 100% (and resets normally after charging) but drops much faster than it should given the battery pack voltage. If going by SOC the range of this cart would be around 5-7 miles. It has 8-6V AGM's. The cart is a 2022 model with the Icon 450 A controller. Speed setting is at 22 MPH but speed doesn't seem to matter.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon