lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2022, 02:00 PM   #141
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: My VC 460 Omega

Im not sure what to do, I was going to find another cart and put a predator 22 in it. As usual things have been hectic and other things needing attention like my mower. I sure like the power the 420 has now and it goes too fast really lol unless I put a front on it, at least on the road it does that is only an issue on pavement. I have king pin bushings I should put them in but my welded lift was not intended for 40+mph anyway. The slide carb really screams on top end compared to the CV that would not do it. Midrange is about the same now after messing with jetting a while. Don't really like the cable throttle to the slide it lacks feel but not much I can do with it without re engineering the pedal and I don't really want to change it. I mean, it works ok just better with plate carbs.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2022, 07:49 AM   #142
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I am continuing the Omega saga in my Vc460 thread as I hope in a short period in time to have it installed and running in the cart. No sense really running 2 threads with it being installed into my yamaha G 14
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:06 AM   #143
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bump
Old 03-04-2023, 04:08 PM   #144
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Omega Lives !
Old 04-14-2023, 09:29 AM   #145
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Some Omega notes. IT is a lot mechanically quieter than my VC 460 long rod. WHY ? IS it because all the shafts were shimmed ? IS because the Very light billet flywheel vibrates the whole engine less ? IS due to VERY Beefy Bullfrog Motorsports connecting rod dampening the combustion explosion ? IS it due to the longer connecting rod shorter stroke crankshaft combo with less side thrust ? Also note it revs really quick as anyone who has used a lightweight flywheel on an engines has seen. Whether it is worth spending the money for quick revving engine in a golf cart or not remains to be seen, BUT you can see why the Go Karters and minibikers do as a matter of fact.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:34 AM   #146
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Marina Cafe opened on saturday. That is an early start I guess due to the nice weather. So the GF and I picked up lunch there on sunday. Spotted several new carts cruising the island already. Quite a few new residents here this year. We will see how they all fare thru BUG season. Sometimes you see a house bought in the spring for sale in the fall. A lot depends on what kind of bug season we have. Some years it is very light and some years there are black swarms that follow you around !
Old 05-08-2023, 09:33 PM   #147
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I am running my Omega now but I really want to say what a masterpiece of engineering the Gen 3 VC460 was. Geoff and crew really figured out how build a budget high output clone. It was the bargain of the century for an engine swap in a golf cart. I have all the parts needed to freshen it up and beef it up further If the Omega causes any issues. So far all is good but 90+ temps outside and no some mile 5000 rpms + runs. Again for all xtra $'s other than the 6K + capability I not sure it is the best route. When and if the the long rod goes back in it will have the ARP rod bolts on the VC rod and a genuine Honda flywheel with the head now on the Omega with the NRracing 6500 valve kit.
Old 05-14-2023, 07:45 PM   #148
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

After talking about what the Evolution cart elsewhere cost I did a rough total on the Omega engine of which a lot parts were bought on sales but still came out to about $750. And unlike the long rod VC 460 with the VC swap parts there was no parted out G 14 engine to finance it or the HD cart parting out it's engine financed the 440 cc sled engine and swap.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:38 PM   #149
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

A good time to share a Shepard story. He actually had 4 clone engines. A gen 2 VC460,a gen 3 VC460 and a HF 420 hemi that his wife Suzi Q bought by mistake and he didn't ask her or she wouldn't return it to HF. BUT he was so impressed by the way it ran dead stock that he decided to build his Magnum VC based engine with the hemi head.About this time Paul from Paulskarts was building his 10,000 rpm VC block mini bike drag engine on 100% nitro. He had started with the ARC rod Shepard and I were going to use on our one off engines. The ARC rod failed in this torture test and was replaced by the Bullfrog unit that lasted. So Shepard and I both had to have this incredible rod that went ironically on sale. That rod is .200" longer than the stock rod. We couldn't find pistons to keep the 69mm VC crank and both called Paul. We both got told we could purchase a set up from him but would not divulge what he actually used. Both Shepard and I called all sorts of people about even a forged piston for something other than the VC billet unit which the Ross unit worked with. I ended up with VC cast flat top and used the Honda 390 64mm crank which is the Omega now in my cart.On our last conversation he was machineing the Ross to fit the hemi head.P.S We were both originally under the impression that the hemi head would not fit on the VC 460 block Bikermikeyblack proved we were wrong !
Old 05-17-2023, 08:22 PM   #150
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

After finally finishing my built from scratch Omega clone which had many twist and turns I could not resist when Stirlingkit offered the SEMTO, a twin cylinder 4 stroke SOHC RC engine for $149. The catch ? It is COMPLETELY nothing but TONS of tiny parts. It make building the clone from scratch child's play. This will probably get put off until the long winter season arrives here and I am bored out of my mind with cabin fever Thank goodness the are several youtube video's out there to educate me with the somewhat sketchy assembly manual. Will I be as lucky as with Omega that fired up with zero issues OR will I join some of the others that took a misstep with their build ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps