lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2022, 02:48 PM   #1711
Jaydawg220
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Awesome, I appreciate the help!
Jaydawg220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2022, 09:26 AM   #1712
notspam
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have found a bunch of controller manuals like this: https://bintellielectricvehicles.com...Controller.pdf

Does anyone know where I could find a manual for a 1206AC?
notspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 10:30 AM   #1713
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by notspam View Post
I have found a bunch of controller manuals like this: https://bintellielectricvehicles.com...Controller.pdf

Does anyone know where I could find a manual for a 1206AC?
You can usually just find them right off google search “curtis model number pdf” and most will come right up. They have a ton posted right on the curtis website also.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 10:36 AM   #1714
notspam
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, I tried that and wasn't able to find anything for the 1206AC. I've looked quite a bit, but definitely possible I've missed something.
notspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:13 AM   #1715
fenderly
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by notspam View Post
Yeah, I tried that and wasn't able to find anything for the 1206AC. I've looked quite a bit, but definitely possible I've missed something.
I don't think you have. I've been googling as well for a Curtis Controller 1206AC-5250 and have come up empty. Nothing on Curtisinstruments.com as well.
fenderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:27 AM   #1716
Curt05
Not Yet Wild

Good afternoon, the 1230-2402 controller is under repair with error 5.3 - Parameters Corrupt, I have an adapter with the correct EEPROM OEM access level, if I understand correctly, I need the Developer access level, someone can help transfer the adapter to the Developer access level to fix this bugs 5.3? of course in private messages or email jenya190@outlook.com
Curt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:28 AM   #1717
Curt05
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by satfrx View Post
This tread is getting quite long, information is scattered and a lot of questions come by that could have already been answered.

What you can read in this post is just a condensed version of the most important information in this group to get a programming interface that acts like the 1309 Curtis interface. There basically is nothing new here.

Please stop messing around with the old 1314-4401 software and any cheap usb-rs232 converter!
If you only have the old software and want to use it, this is not the post to read. If you do however want to try the old style interface, use a max232 or hin232 and a proper inverter IC like 74hc14 or 74hc04.

This post wil only have instructions for the USB interface.

All you need is:
- a FTDI (FT232R) cable or interface board (not a Chinese clone) I use 5V version but 3.3V should work too.
- Molex square 4-pin connector, like a 12V ATX computer connector
- a windows computer, can be a recent one windows 7 and 10 worked fine for me,
- the FT_prog tool from FTDI
- 1314-4402 PC programming station software
- a soldering iron or some other way to connect the wires between interface and connector.

There are a lot of counterfeit chips and interface boards around that cannot be programmed. In the FT_prog software everything looks fine but the data will not change. Most cheap interface boards and cables, like on ebay, will use the counterfeit chips. Just get the original.

You do not need a Linux machine unless you want to completely program the chip as an OEM clone cable. If you do want to try another level than OEM you definitely do not want a complete OEM clone.

When you program new VID and PID and make a mistake, the chip might not be recognized anymore. Be sure to write the correct data. Installing the 1413 software first might be wise, this also installs the driver for the 1309 interface or our own interface/cable with new VID/PID.

Insert the interface(cable), be sure to have only one USB device like this connected, so disconnect any other serial converters or programming interfaces.

Run the FT_Prog tool and do a scan/parse (F5) . The data of the chip should show. Choose USB Device Descriptor, VID PID select Custom VID/PID and change VID to 1FA1, PID to 00C8.
Next go to Hardware Specific/Invert TXD and RXD signals (check these two boxes)
Now program the interface with this data (CTRL+P) and click program.

When you now run the 1314 software it will find a cable, but the user level will be set to “User”

This even could be enough for your settings or diagnostics, but the most common level is OEM, for OEM level you need to change the registry key IAL to v1ìD

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Curtis Instruments\1314 V4\Settings]
"IAL"="v1ìD" (use copy and paste)
For other language sets this might not work, changing the binary value 76 00 31 00 EC 00 44 00 for the registry key works with any language(right mouse click on the value)

There are also Factory and Developer levels that are higher than OEM but I will not share those here because you could mess up your controller and lose warranty.

Now to connect your interface to the controller, for this you only need to connect 3 wires. GND TDX and RXD is all you need. (Insulate or do not place the +15V/+12V wire so you have no accidents).

The TXD from the interface usually connects to the RXD on the controller and vice versa. GND is connected to GND. Swapping RDX and TXD will not break anything. If things are not working, just swap hem and try again.

Now for other style connectors:

EZ Go adapter…
Plug on Newark. Be sure to download the datasheet to get the pinout.
http://www.newark.com/te-connectivit...e-8/dp/11H4557

The Tyco plug is TE Connectivity part # 1445390-1, the 4 female socket pins are part # 770986-1, and a cable strain relief is part # 1445730-1.

The Mini-Fit Jr end is a Molex socket, part # 39-01-3043, and 4 male pins, part # 39-00-0049. (Also here you could use the 12V 4-pin ATX connector)

Tyco pin 1 is connected to Molex pin 3, TXD
Tyco pin 2 is connected to Molex pin 4, +15V
Tyco pin 3 is connected to Molex pin 2, Logic Gnd
Tyco pin 4 is connected to Molex pin 1, RXD

RJ11 connector like for the 1207 Controller

1 - rx
2 - gnd
3 - tx
4 - 12v

Conxall, unfortunately at this time no information, I this EZ GO connector?

Unknow connector/pinout.
It is quite easy to find the right wire if you have another style 4-pin connector.

Set a meter to DC volt and have your controller powered up. Use battery – as reference. GND should measure 0V also 12/15V is easy to find. RXD ad TXD should give readings somewhere between 0-5V. Verify if the GND you found actually is GND by checking for ohms between battery – and GND terminal it should be 0 or a few ohms maximum. (For TXD and RXD expect kilo ohms)

Big thanks to Bob, Woody, mjroman and all other members who contributed to this tread.

If you somehow you can not get anything working…. I recently made a more compact version that has galvanic separation so my old interfaces are not in use anymore...... quite a big box (4"x1.5"x1") , buy hey, they work...

Good afternoon, the 1230-2402 controller is under repair with error 5.3 - Parameters Corrupt, I have an adapter with the correct EEPROM OEM access level, if I understand correctly, I need the Developer access level, someone can help transfer the adapter to the Developer access level to fix this bugs 5.3? of course in private messages or email jenya190@outlook.com
Curt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 04:29 PM   #1718
coleasterling
Not Yet Wild

Peak voltage limits...

I have a 1238SE with a 120V absolute peak limit. I really need 126V.

Does anyone know if Factory or Developer access will allow you to change that limit?

This is completely separate from the typical voltage settings.
coleasterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 09:49 AM   #1719
khayneswww
Not Yet Wild

Good afternoon - My new import golf cart (Massimo) has the 1232SER controller. I have a Curtis handheld 1313-4331 programmer, but it is not able to connect to the controller. It is stuck at the hourglass when I power on the programmer. I heard that the newest versions of this controller do not allow the programmer to access the parameters, but I see that some have been successfull.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Also, I am considering buying a replacement 1232SE (US version). If you've been through this upgrade/replacement, which controller did you use to replace the 1232SER?

This controller is driving me insane. Came to me with a max speed of 14mph.
khayneswww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 05:23 PM   #1720
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by khayneswww View Post
Good afternoon - My new import golf cart (Massimo) has the 1232SER controller. I have a Curtis handheld 1313-4331 programmer, but it is not able to connect to the controller. It is stuck at the hourglass when I power on the programmer. I heard that the newest versions of this controller do not allow the programmer to access the parameters, but I see that some have been successfull.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Also, I am considering buying a replacement 1232SE (US version). If you've been through this upgrade/replacement, which controller did you use to replace the 1232SER?

This controller is driving me insane. Came to me with a max speed of 14mph.
post photo of the controller
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts