Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration
Restoration Early 70's and older restoration projects

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Bearing / Seal Supplier

It can often be tough to find bearings /seals for ancient carts. When they are found, they can be expensive. While looking for steering tube bearings for my '67 Pargo I stumbled upon the following site which has tons of bearings / races / seals all reasonably priced:

https://trupar.com/

Apparently, they have 7 distribution centers in the US so you get stuff fast (next day for me as I live pretty close to a dist. center). Prices are good and their shipping rates are fair.

It's helpful but not required to know the OEM part number of whatever it is you are ordering. They have lots of pics to match things up with.

I have absolutely no affiliation with trupar.com, by the way.

Last edited by Lochlin; 06-19-2018 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: Want to make sure no one thinks I am pulling a fast one!
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bearing / Seal Supplier

Since the mods were so kind to sticky this I will add to it with regard to seals for ancient carts:

Finding oil / grease seals during restorations is very difficult in that suppliers don't stock these types of parts for carts that are rare. However, this site:

https://www.avxseals.com/

stocks thousands of seals and, critically, allows you to search by seal dimensions rather than by application. For the Pargo restoration mentioned above, steering tube seals are no longer made. However, I was able to get the needed dimensions off of my cart by using a micrometer and found a matching seal with the listed supplier.

As with the trupar.com, I have no affiliation with avxseals.com.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:17 PM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Bearing / Seal Supplier

I dealt with this company when I lived in WV and they were pretty cool. They have several locations so one may be near you. They had no problems matching up old 4 wheeler bearings and seals for me.

https://www.applied.com/store/FAIRMONT?lat=0.0&long=0.0
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration