lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
Dpan2k4
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Air Ride TXT steering shaft

After reading through most of the air ride threads, I decided to tackle a build myself. A 2005 txt. I have one question (for now). Many of you have talked about the need to cut your steering shaft down to get the full drop your looking for and after it is cut it is too short at full lift and there is a need for a limiter strap. My issue is, I remounted my lower shock mounts so the shocks bottom out before the tires push the body up when fully lowered. No issue with the steering shaft when lowered, there is actually still a full inch of splines showing, but when airing up to full lift it is coming apart. I'm assuming this is happening because of the height of my lower shock mounts being slightly taller than most everyone else's??? If anyone has any insight on my issue it would greatly be appreciated
Dpan2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2017, 10:29 AM   #2
Tommy T
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Air Ride TXT steering shaft

That is why the limit strap, To stop the shaft from coming apart. you will not get full lift but will not pull it apart either
Tommy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:17 AM   #3
Dpan2k4
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

UPDATE. Since I didn't have any issues with my steering shaft being too long to get a full drop, I cut it and sleeved a piece of steel in the middle to extend it the 1.25" I needed to stop it from disconnecting at full lift height.
Dpan2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 03:31 AM   #4
Zoeking321
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I know this is a old thread but do you have any pictures of the shaft
Zoeking321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!