lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2016, 11:20 PM   #1
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Kawasaki KVF 700 into EZGo txt?

Have a dimensional problem with this EZGo repower. Not a show stopper, but the wheelbase will have to grow?
Plan to use atv suspension on both ends. That gives the option of 4x4 if I want it.
Have both KLF 300B rear axle and the KVF rear. Just thought that I might ought'a check the ratios between the 300 (which has a locking differential) and the 700 solid axle. Ratios might screw with 4x4? The 700 has oil bath rear brakes that are excellent. I would guess that the thing will turn similar to an atv with a locked axle. The 300 diff would be nice.
Problem with this is that the engine front cylinder will encroach about 10-12" into the floor. Needs a little "doghouse". Anyone stretched an EGO text for a longer engine/drive train? Don't care to reinvent here...? Moving the engine forward in order to keep the axle centered in the fenders is what I'm after. Looked for a nice Marathon, but no gas units locally. Marathon rear wheel wells could be dealt with.

Fabbed a ZX6 into a Hyundai some years back, and it had to glaring issues when completed. It rode so rough that it was not cool, and the short drive chain required constant attention. Also geared funky. No easy fix--and keep reverse. Notwithstanding, the HP and rough ride made it dangerous for passengers. It ran well.
Plan to do something about the suspension on the next one. I have a complete KVF 700 donor. The 700 has reverse, belt transmission, and and liquid
cooling. It's a 90* v-twin. About 50 HP, but major torque at low RPM.
I'll get some pics up soon.
Ideas welcomed! JR
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2016, 07:20 AM   #2
skuhleman1524
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Kawasaki KVF 700 into EZGo txt?

Should be pretty sweet when your done. If it's only 10 inches I would probably stretch the wheelbase, but it is hard to make that look right. Really it's up to you. I have seen it done both ways and I think I would rather have the tire not in the fender cut out than having a doghouse for the motor... also you might be able to trim the fenders straight like on the marathon.
skuhleman1524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:51 AM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Glad to see you building again Stretching it would be no problem for you, it's making the body panels work the could be a head scratcher. Can you give us a scetch of the "vision" you have?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:05 AM   #4
JRL
Gone Wild

Thanks for the ideas. Thought about a cradle and using a coupler between the engine and final. Downside to that idea is that a KVF 700 oils best when sitting level.
Strectching the rear body and frame is where this is going. And jacking up. May be able to modify the wheel wells enough to look similar to a stretched scoot. The engine is compact, for what it does. The kvf is about stripped. Then I'll see what options are good for a "splice".
The outcome will be tall, about double cart ground clearance. Gotta keep the front drive shaft below the floor and cross members. Or at least keep the 4x4 option open. It'll function normally as a two wheel drive.
EZGO txt rear body has few flat areas to simply cut and add a section. Gotta get complicated! Maybe some bolt-on fender extenders? Saw the well out and create new wheel wells?
When I mentioned a "doghouse", it would be small, to hide the front exhaust pipe.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:58 AM   #5
JRL
Gone Wild

This is a giant bump, but here's my question... will a Marathon rear body fit on a txt?
My "stretch" got a little carried away, but I need something that lack rear fenders like a Marathon.
My rear axle is about under the txt bumper..or where the bumper was.
Thanks for any ideas!
Old 06-28-2018, 08:43 AM   #6
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Would be easy to hang a Marathon rear body on just about anything.

My Honda 350 I had to make a tunnel for the oil cooler, and fan. Thinking about moving it back to stretch it a little.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shifter.JPG (124.0 KB, 0 views)
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:33 PM   #7
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I stretched mine,,, had to to get the 1000RR in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yam gas cart.jpg (54.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg dsc00001sr0.jpg (429.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg My wheelie.jpg (60.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg dsc00005id8.jpg (466.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (181.8 KB, 0 views)
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:39 PM   #8
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

This also was a TXT but only in plastic. I stretched it too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG (2).jpg (412.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0001.jpg (317.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1010827.JPG (167.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1010828.JPG (161.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1010829.JPG (173.1 KB, 0 views)
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:14 PM   #9
JRL
Gone Wild

I'm gonna try to post some pics. This is not phone friendly.
OK, feel free to critique.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0870.jpg (201.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0868.jpg (225.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0864.jpg (225.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0859.jpg (207.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0852.jpg (159.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-29-2018, 08:31 PM   #10
JRL
Gone Wild

Thoughts? This thing's going to be tall.
That's the only way to keep the front cowl looking factory. The solid rear axle should make it stable enough. Most if this project is cast in stone. Still some things will be improved. The engine in the frame is a mock-up. The real engine is much larger with two cylinders. I wanted the front exhaust outside the cockpit. It is. Nothing on the rear is an issue. Other than the overall length.
Going to try to fit a master cylinder similar to Jake's for the front calipers. Rear brakes are oil bath clutch type. Good brakes. Nasty to repair. Getting both to engage at about the same time might be challenging.
I can lose an inch from the wheelbase by going with a 360 swing arm. My 700 SRA will bolt right on. It'll jack up the back about an inch. Don't really want that.
Later! Thanks for any ideas..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps