lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2016, 06:36 PM   #1
cphilip
Getting Wild

Default Cart program status?

There is this cart I was asked if he could speed it up with simple programming or magnet. The cart does have the correct Black "top hat" on the back of the motor. The speed sensor so it would be easy to change the magnet out.

This is a carry all by the way. A 8 - 6 volt battery set up. I assume it has an IQ system in it because of that familiar Black sensor?

But I was trying to make sure he didn't already have program 4 in it before he spent any money on it. I cannot recall what that sticker looked like that they place on the cart when you purchase the factory code. So I snapped a picture of his stickers there and was hoping one of you could rule out this is a code sticker or just a regular cart ID of some sort.

Thanks in advance.
cphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cart program status?

I don't see the Code 4 sticker. It is a sticker that has three codes on it, labeled Code A, Code B, and Code C. And each code is a three digit number.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:40 PM   #3
cphilip
Getting Wild

Those are the only three stickers across there. So I can conclude he does not have code 4?

And from the description of the motors Speed sensor it is an IQ type magnet he needs? I've just done a speed magnet in a cart so am familiar with it. Its identical to mine.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:50 PM   #4
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

You could try a cheap speed magnet by grinding down the one that's in there. Make it so it's shaped like a lob on a cam shaft. Pear shaped with a hole in the middle. That's how Plum Quick does it.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
Those are the only three stickers across there. So I can conclude he does not have code 4?

And from the description of the motors Speed sensor it is an IQ type magnet he needs? I've just done a speed magnet in a cart so am familiar with it. Its identical to mine.
It is an IQ, but more importantly the motor is an AMD. There are two magnets, one for the AMD, and one for the GE motor. You have an AMD (top hat style speed sensor).
Old 06-17-2016, 08:00 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
You could try a cheap speed magnet by grinding down the one that's in there. Make it so it's shaped like a lob on a cam shaft. Pear shaped with a hole in the middle. That's how Plum Quick does it.
Interesting...
Old 06-17-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
cphilip
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
It is an IQ, but more importantly the motor is an AMD. There are two magnets, one for the AMD, and one for the GE motor. You have an AMD (top hat style speed sensor).
I imagine the Carry Alls were put out the public with probably code 3? If here is no sticker denoting code 4 then

I don't think Ill experiment with his cart but that is an interesting observation. But 30 or so bucks is pretty expensive to pick up a few MPH and no engine braking already I think

Thanks Jake.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #8
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

You're probably right about being sent out with code 3. Code 4 typically costs around $100 to have programmed at a CC dealer. I would do the high speed magnet before I would do code 4. The magnet gets you more performance and is $70 cheaper. If you decide to get a magnet, get one from David at Revolution Golf Cars (site sponsor). He sells the good ones.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:18 PM   #9
cphilip
Getting Wild

Yes. I used one of his in mine.

His is a Carry All that was supplied and bought on contract where they bought a number of them at one time. I do not know if they went direct to Club Car on a state contract or though a dealer who bid on a state contract. They were delivered with service bodies, full enclosed cab, turn indicators etc on them. Appear all stock otherwise. The service body makes me think its an upfit after factory though. Not sure its an option direct from Club Car. But since the factory is close its always possible they could have come direct.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:18 PM   #10
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Oh, did you check up under the dash on the part that parallels the ground for the code 4 sticker? That's where they stuck mine on my cart...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car