lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2022, 07:20 PM   #1
maj44clj
Not Yet Wild

Default Reed Switch to Alltrax XCT?

Hello folks. I have a question. 48 volt cart with an Alltrax XCT and the MZJ400 solenoid. All was running well. Then it started hesitating in forward motion. And then it just died altogether. 49 volt charge on the batteries. But even the key switch doesn't get the charge indicator gauge to turn on. So I figure something in the starting sequence is no bueno.

Cart died, so I started doing process of elimination----and replacing some parts that looked kinda nasty. I have replaced the charging receptacle, thinking that maybe the reed switch had gone bad. It's one of those triangle shaped receptacles with the embedded switch. When I got ready to drop it in, I noticed that the blue cable from the reed switch on the old receptacle was just hanging loose under the controller.

When I try to find someplace to plug it in, there isn't anywhere I can see. So I am guessing this thing will run without one? If not, I'm really confused as to where this thing should plug in.

Anyone know the answer before I dig into this thing anymore?

Thanks,

AJ
maj44clj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2022, 11:52 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Reed Switch to Alltrax XCT?

That blue wire on the charging receptacle connects to the activation circuit for the controller. It needs pack voltage with the charger unplugged to tell cart it is okay to go.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax xct, reed switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO