lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's
Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2024, 11:03 AM   #91
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Any Corvette lovers out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Nice restoration Augie
Thanks, its an ever evolving project... I enjoy improving things and working on it almost as much as driving it. I purchased a parts car so I dont have to feel guilty about building to my tastes and modifying things from stock which otherwise often seems to upset a lot of corvette guys at the cruise nights
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2024, 11:25 AM   #92
Brian Baker
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Nice restoration Augie
Indeed it is, very nice.
And kudos to all the other nice ones, I have never owned one but have ALWAYS admired them.
Brian Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 10:20 AM   #93
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Augie.....VERY nice....especially love the color!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 01:47 PM   #94
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Augie.....VERY nice....especially love the color!
Thanks! " Molten orange pearl " is the color from thecoatingstore.com in case you got a cart or something that needs painting.. I painted it like 7 years ago and I don't think it turned out too bad for being a rookie.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 12:09 AM   #95
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Probably should have posted here before...I enjoy my vettes. 2003 C5 and a 2017 C7 Z06. No good pics of the C5...had some, just no idea where they are. Its the daily driver when I don't need the truck. The Z is a fun toy.
20220709_105741.jpg

20171126_084928.jpg
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 07:49 PM   #96
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Probably should have posted here before...I enjoy my vettes. 2003 C5 and a 2017 C7 Z06. No good pics of the C5...had some, just no idea where they are. Its the daily driver when I don't need the truck. The Z is a fun toy.
Attachment 242385

Attachment 242386
A friend has an early C7 Sebring with a Z07 package, manual trans. I was the first other person to drive it. I romped it through some Wisconsin back roads and gave it back to him with gummy Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires and a ticking exhaust system ( good ticking, just hot!). He just looked at me and said where’d you learn how to do that? I told him as a young man I had friends with euro cars and I got trained. I was very lucky to do all that.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 08:46 AM   #97
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
A friend has an early C7 Sebring with a Z07 package, manual trans. I was the first other person to drive it. I romped it through some Wisconsin back roads and gave it back to him with gummy Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires and a ticking exhaust system ( good ticking, just hot!). He just looked at me and said where’d you learn how to do that? I told him as a young man I had friends with euro cars and I got trained. I was very lucky to do all that.
Yeah, this Z06 is 3LZ and has the Z07 carbon ceramic brakes, just not the aero package, and it has the A8 trans with paddle shifters. For 90% of the drives, I prefer the Auto, but that last 10%, the fun 10%, I wish I bought the Red Manual with the full ground effects package that was on the lot next to mine. There is a slight delay in shifts with the auto that you have to anticipate and get used to, even with the paddle shifters. Nobody else notices that delay, but I do. I drove my neighbor's Lambo and it had the same delay. It doesn't get tracked, so I had the alignment done to take a lot of the aggressive track set up out to extend tread life. Night and day difference with tire wear, or lack there of, and I still have a tough time getting the front end to push through a turn...rear can light up at will, and you can drive it with the rear wheels through just about any turn, not that i do. The alignment would probably hurt lap times on a track, but not on the street. Definitely worth it. The prior owner of my C5 was a Chevy dealer and had that done to my C5 when he bought it...tires new were good for 7K miles, but after the alignment, haven't had to change tires yet and they are still in great shape. But, like I said, its a fun toy!
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:41 AM   #98
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Ok, I had to wait until I had tweaked on it, made it mine to do a good post about my First Corvette. I got a decent deal on my 2007 C6 LS2, 6 speed manual from the original owner that seemed to only have a Vette to have a Vette, anyway brought it home, put it on the lift for a full inspection. Lower radiator mount was pretty bad due to parking curbs, so I decided since I have to remove most of the front to replace it I'll just go wild. While in there I replaced the Harmonic Balancer, water pump, power steering pump (was leaking), all hoses rad and heater, radiator(just in case), belts, all brake rotors and pads. then I started on the Body, had some damage to the Rockers due to poor jacking practices, crack in the passenger Quarter due to blowout, and some inner fender damage from some kind of accident. Repaired/and had Paint shop spray all that. Driver's seat controls did not work so I replaced both seats with a higher LT option and got both seats electric controlled (mine is a 1 LT) More on the body installed Spoiler, front splliter, side skirts, Morimoto headlights and tail lights, Corsa axle back exhaust, refinished a set of chrome wheels to Black and bought new Michelin Pilot tires. So now that I have removed most traces of the Previous owner I have spent way more than the car is worth, but **** is it a fine Corvette. (My opinion only)
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:25 AM   #99
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
Ok, I had to wait until I had tweaked on it, made it mine to do a good post about my First Corvette. I got a decent deal on my 2007 C6 LS2, 6 speed manual from the original owner that seemed to only have a Vette to have a Vette, anyway brought it home, put it on the lift for a full inspection. Lower radiator mount was pretty bad due to parking curbs, so I decided since I have to remove most of the front to replace it I'll just go wild. While in there I replaced the Harmonic Balancer, water pump, power steering pump (was leaking), all hoses rad and heater, radiator(just in case), belts, all brake rotors and pads. then I started on the Body, had some damage to the Rockers due to poor jacking practices, crack in the passenger Quarter due to blowout, and some inner fender damage from some kind of accident. Repaired/and had Paint shop spray all that. Driver's seat controls did not work so I replaced both seats with a higher LT option and got both seats electric controlled (mine is a 1 LT) More on the body installed Spoiler, front splliter, side skirts, Morimoto headlights and tail lights, Corsa axle back exhaust, refinished a set of chrome wheels to Black and bought new Michelin Pilot tires. So now that I have removed most traces of the Previous owner I have spent way more than the car is worth, but **** is it a fine Corvette. (My opinion only)
beautiful car glad you got what you wanted and I figured you'd be tweaking on it
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's