lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild

Default Fuel / Oil problem help.

Hello all,
My shop (CA Air National Guard) just inherited an older EZ Go that has been sitting for a few years. So far we've changed the fuel pump and cleaned out the carburator. Now when we try to drive it we get a mix of oil and gas shooting into the airbox area. It looks to be coming from the line that attaches to the crankcase. I think it's some sort of PCV valve? Anyway, so far we haven't been able to find a tech manual for the cart. It's a 1995 Gas EZ Go and on the bed it says its a GXT-804. I'm thinking that that PCV valve is stuck open allowing oil to blow up into the air box, not sure why the fuel is blowing out too? The manual's I saw on this sight don't seem to show this valve in them? Anybody have any experience with this particular model? maybe a link to the correct manual? Am I on the right track? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brent.
144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Fuel / Oil problem help.

Welcome to BGW!

Try this link. Its for the engine. Right click, save as. I would think a good cleaning of the crank case vent would stop it. http://www.ransomes-jacobsen.biz/spe.../27615-G01.pdf
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply! Tomorrow I'll pull the valve and see if it can be cleaned out. Any clue why it looks to have fuel mixed in with the oil? stuck valve maybe? It seems to run alright other that the gusher of oil and fuel
Old 07-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum 144..........................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild

Just an update. I drained and serviced the oil, pulled the crank case breather valve, cleaned it and put everything back together. I tried to start it and it just cranks, after a few minutes Oil and Gas started coming out of the crank case breather again! All I can guess know is that the rings are shot and the fuel is draining straight down into the oil while I'm trying to start it?
Old 08-04-2008, 07:08 AM   #6
FlemmingDenmark
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Are you sure you got spark?
sounds like all fuel, and no spark to me
allright, you push gaspedal. Solinoid kicks in?

Sorry, didn't see that the fuel runs into oil. Is it a 4 cycle OHC engine you have? (Robin engine, anti clockwise rotation)
If fuel runs into oil, the reason can be worn pistonrings.
Does the exaust smell of fuel?
FlemmingDenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:14 AM   #7
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Makes sure that its not overfilled fill it to 1.5 quarts no more, too much oil will cause the oil to go back into the airbox.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #8
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Welcome to BGW!

Try this link. Its for the engine. Right click, save as. I would think a good cleaning of the crank case vent would stop it. http://www.ransomes-jacobsen.biz/spe.../27615-G01.pdf
Welcome 144!

Thanks roady for the link. I'll be using the manual on this winters project.
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #9
jwinter84@hotmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: Fuel / Oil problem help.

I also have the same problem. I have a 1995 ezgo with the 295 engine. I have owned it for a couple years and it has run great. Recently, after the engine warms up, it starts blowing oil into the air cleaner, which is coming from the hose connecting the air cleaner to the bottom part of the engine. I pulled the head off and checked the valves which looked good. What would my next step be?

Thanks in advance!!
Jim
jwinter84@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #10
racin161
Gone Wild

Jim i'd make a new thread this is an old post from 2008I'm sure someone can help. Welcome to BGW

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO