lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #21
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax DCX 500 motor controller install

DS series cart, but I'm pretty sure the price is close for a IQ also.
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #22
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
So Bruce, Do you think I'm wasting money going for a DCX500, when a 400 will do? I don't need or want anymore speed, I just want to spin tires
would rather get a 500 amp unit and let it coast at 400 amps rather than running a full LIMITS.

also the 500 amp gives you future capabilities if you deceide to play with a new motor
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #23
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
would rather get a 500 amp unit and let it coast at 400 amps rather than running a full LIMITS.

also the 500 amp gives you future capabilities if you deceide to play with a new motor
I like that logic. I'll probably run it around 400 +/-, as the wife uses the cart too.

Thanks
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #24
Shmitty
Not Yet Wild

So I had one of these controllers installed in my club car. The cart is super fast, but it jerks a lot when going about half speed. I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. The shop that installed it is no longer in business and I'm not real handy or mechanical. Just need some direction on what to do.

They returned the cart with the new controller and it was already programmed. I looked at it the other day, and I don't see how to even program the thing. Thanks in advance for any help.
Shmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmitty View Post
So I had one of these controllers installed in my club car. The cart is super fast, but it jerks a lot when going about half speed. I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. The shop that installed it is no longer in business and I'm not real handy or mechanical. Just need some direction on what to do.

They returned the cart with the new controller and it was already programmed. I looked at it the other day, and I don't see how to even program the thing. Thanks in advance for any help.
Go to Alltrax.com to learn how to program the thing. The free software is there for the downloading too...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #26
hanny
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmitty View Post

the software is on their website for free, easy to download and to view/hookup to your controller take the black plug out of the side and hook a serial data to usb cable up to it and you computer (can get from radio shack for around 30$)
the jerking can be mostly fixed from what i can gather by changing the programming to a different throttle angle, i think i used inductiveand had the best luck with it. The program fiiles they sent to correct the issue on mine worked ok but the throttle angle page different settings a couple of those worked better for what thats worth. all sounds pretty tuff but is really simple
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car