lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride
Events and Places to ride Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is!

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Death of a race event...

In regards to the recent cancellation of the GarageBuilt Spring Nationals Golf Cart Dragrace I want to clear the air a bit.

#1 The event was cancelled by the host (GarageBuilt Racing).

#2 It was not cancelled by the track owner.

#3 It was not cancelled by Plum Quick.

#4 GarageBuilt was fully aware that the track owner would not allow certain individuals to set foot on the facility because of a previous incident at the track, yet GB decided AFTER MONIES WERE SPENT IN HIS BEHALF that if these people could not attend GB would cancel the event. Why GB didn't work this out ahead of time with the track owner is a mystery.

#5 Considerable resources were put into play by GB as well as others including sponsors, that have now been wasted because GB decided to invite these individuals AFTER vowing to never race with them again. This was done according to GB in an effort to unite the carting world and grow the sport. In reality, he has split the carting world ever farther apart by his actions.

#6 In this economy, finding and maintaining sponsors is next to impossible. Sponsors have a long memory and do not appreciate being taken advantage of or made to look foolish. Track owners are sponsors too, and they talk to each other for the betterment of themselves as well as the sport. This is good business.

I did not write this to slam GarageBuilt, or the other parties involved. I only want folks to know the truth about this particular event and it's cancellation. I have been reading some outright lies concerning this event elsewhere on the web.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Death of a race event...

Thanks, Gorno.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Thanks
Old 01-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thank you Gorno, You know most of us don't visit all the 'other GC sites' and keep up with all the news so we rely on you and others to keep us informed on what is happening in the golf cart racing world.

Thanks for clearing the air .....
Old 01-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Thanks Gorno !
Old 01-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Thank you Mr. Gorno Sir.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #7
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

Thank's G'Man... Verry well said...
Old 01-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #8
GarageBuilt
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes thanks g/ man .... You judge me... You have not ask me one guestion why or what happend.... But yet you have the answers....you Have only but one side of the story..all the hate that all has for the ngkra boys... Not one person has called me to here my side....But that's ok.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #9
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageBuilt View Post
Yes thanks g/ man .... You judge me... You have not ask me one guestion why or what happend.... But yet you have the answers....you Have only but one side of the story..all the hate that all has for the ngkra boys... Not one person has called me to here my side....But that's ok.
Im all ears buddy Just to make it clear I dont have a problem with you. It is just unfortunate we cant make it happen.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #10
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageBuilt View Post
None of us cancelled our event, You did! If there are calls to be made, they are yours to make.

It's all you Ronnie!
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride