lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2020, 01:36 PM   #1
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

Default recomended tires for lifted tomberlin emerge

Hi Guys,
Ill be installing a lift kit into a 2009 emerge. I know its not designed for the 09, but Im up for the challenge. My question is what size wheels and tires would be best, close to max. Im looking for suggested back set, rim size and tire size. Something all terrain but decent on pavement. I like the look of the new Ghosthawk. not sure what size the wheels are? pics are always nice. BTW when i bought this cart it had 360 miles on it , Im all the way up to 385 lol
shawn01754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2020, 12:24 PM   #2
Miznitch
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: recomended tires for lifted tomberlin emerge

I put some 14" tires on mine after the lift- just be careful- I had to cut the bottom of the frame at an angle because when I turned the wheels all the way to one side, they would hit the edge... Luckily, it was a simple job as it was mostly plastic with a little bit of steel underneath- an angle grinder was all I needed.

If you look just behind the tire in the picture, you will see there is a slight angled cut- doesn't look bad at all, and actually looks natural!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tomberlin1.jpg (91.9 KB, 0 views)
Miznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:14 PM   #3
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miznitch View Post
I put some 14" tires on mine after the lift- just be careful- I had to cut the bottom of the frame at an angle because when I turned the wheels all the way to one side, they would hit the edge... Luckily, it was a simple job as it was mostly plastic with a little bit of steel underneath- an angle grinder was all I needed.

If you look just behind the tire in the picture, you will see there is a slight angled cut- doesn't look bad at all, and actually looks natural!
That really looks perfect. How do you like the tires? I was thinking of something a little quieter but the look of those ones you have are impossible to beat
shawn01754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 02:36 PM   #4
Ngoering
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miznitch View Post

This thing looks awesome. I’m recently in the process of buying a Tomberlin emerge 500. Was curious where you got the lift kit for this one thank you.
Ngoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:56 AM   #5
Miznitch
Not Yet Wild

I'm sorry for not replying sooner- I love the tires- I have absolutely no issue with noise. The only issue I am having (and this may not be related to tires directly), is that with the big tires, and my new lithium batteries, I tend to "spin" the tires- especially on a hill. I have to ease into the accelerator or I peel out! I think the flat tread on normal tires grips the grass better and these have less surface area. A small price to pay for having a cool looking cart, in my opinion!
Old 09-15-2020, 09:59 AM   #6
Miznitch
Not Yet Wild

I got my lift kit from Electrick Motorsports, but there is an guy (I think he's an admin) on here who has a shop that sells Tomberlin parts- he offers a fantastic discount, and I recommend going through him. DO NOT WORK DIRECTLY WITH TOMBERLIN! They will rip you off- I am also currently in a very small legal battle with them, so I'm jaded, but as a company, I think they are a disgrace.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:14 AM   #7
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Thanks Miznitch. I am not an admin on the site but a site sponsor. Have been providing support on Columbia since I started with them back in 2008 and I try with Tomberlin since Columbia purchased them in 2017.

We (EV Tech) do nationwide service for fleet customers and direct sell Columbia or Tomberlin parts worldwide. As a dealer we try to make sure we are still helping out the do-it-yourselfers because that’s how I try to do things to.

And for the veterans out there, don’t forget to keep on serving your neighbors and your communities even now that the uniform is hanging in the closet. Go Army!
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin