lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2020, 02:30 PM   #61
MicSki
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Alltrax SR controller install

Hi scotty im installing a sr500 and sw202 that i got from you today just seen that your photo of your wiring and the diagram don't match im confused witch is right does the a1 or a2 go to the m1 on alltrax
MicSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2020, 02:47 PM   #62
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are looking at some old info here. Since this thread was posted the SW202 got a magnetic blowout feature which necessitated a cable change where B+ went to the common bar.
Essentially there is more than one way to wire a series drive. Follow the diagram you got with the SW202 you bought.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:43 PM   #63
rdkogler
Not Yet Wild

I have been installing the SR48500 and have become stumped.
1. I do not have an orange wire. I have black white (throttle), red to red (from foot switch) and GREEN from foot switch.
2. where do I connect the GREEN. Originally on my Alltrax AXE it attached to another green wire that went into a harness. Not sure where it went.
3. Instructions say OEM ORANGE wire to blue terminal. Is this a B- connection to the Blue terminal???? Possibly directly from the battery??
4. Do I hook the green wire back up to the original connection??
5. If I read the instructions it would appear that the green from the foot switch connects to the blue terminal. However the schematic show's differently.
rdkogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:13 PM   #64
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkogler View Post
I have been installing the SR48500 and have become stumped.
1. I do not have an orange wire. I have black white (throttle), red to red (from foot switch) and GREEN from foot switch.
2. where do I connect the GREEN. Originally on my Alltrax AXE it attached to another green wire that went into a harness. Not sure where it went.
3. Instructions say OEM ORANGE wire to blue terminal. Is this a B- connection to the Blue terminal???? Possibly directly from the battery??
4. Do I hook the green wire back up to the original connection??
5. If I read the instructions it would appear that the green from the foot switch connects to the blue terminal. However the schematic show's differently.
What year and body style (Marathon, Medalist or TXT) cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:25 PM   #65
rdkogler
Not Yet Wild

It is a 2006 TXT 36 volt.

Do I connect the green wire from the foot switch to the green wire from the ignition switch. That was the AXE connection. The Scematic shows connection to the KSI(??)

The ignition switch has two wires a blue and a green the blue wire attaches to the micro switch on the forward and reverse.

The insrructions say to put a spade connector on the red wire from the KSI throttle bundle however the drawing shows that wire is connected to the solenoid and then a wire from the solenoid to the red cup on the controller.

I have run a black wire from the negative on the solenoid to the black cupholder on the controller, that is the only ground I see. I do not see a ground that goes to the battery. The AXE had a black to B- but the SR says to run from the solenoid to the black spade on the controller which I have done.

The instructions say to connect an orange wire to the blue terminal on the controller I do not have an orange wire

It would appear that the green wire from the foot switch may attach to the green wire from the key switch with the other wire from the keyswitch going to the forward reverse switch.

If this is the case, I do not believe that the personality switch drawing is correct as this schematic shows it coming from the key switch and their instructions show it coming off of the KSI red cup.
The instructions are for the SR48500 EZGO 1994 and newer.

Thanks for any help you can give me. I have stopped until I can get this figured out.

When I refer to the instuctions those are at the bottom Left on the schematic but I believe there are inconsistancines with the drawing schematic. I have some pictures but do not know how to uplard them to this forum.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:03 PM   #66
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Attach the pictures to a post with the paperclip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paperclip circled.jpg (53.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-05-2020, 08:28 AM   #67
rdkogler
Not Yet Wild

I have uploaded 5 pictures.
Scotty suggest that I reconnect the green as was original.
I am still confused as to
1. the orange wire I don't have
2. hooking up the FN1 to the KSI red on controller with double tap and green. This does not match the schematic provided but I think its correct.
3. must be getting the minus (-) from the black spade terminal to the solenoid and not the B- as the original AXE did.

Drop box link to more pictures

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6jhzz9i6t...RVJFkjcpa?dl=0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-10-04 13.32.48.jpg (238.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2020-10-04 13.20.50.jpg (227.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2020-10-04 13.20.36.jpg (147.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2020-10-04 13.20.21.jpg (178.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2020-10-04 13.19.43.jpg (152.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-05-2020, 11:15 AM   #68
rdkogler
Not Yet Wild

I have attached the Alltrax schematic showing what I think to be correct.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alltrax 48500 install controller.pdf (1.54 MB, 0 views)
Old 10-05-2020, 11:26 AM   #69
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkogler View Post
I have uploaded 5 pictures.
Scotty suggest that I reconnect the green as was original.
I am still confused as to
1. the orange wire I don't have
2. hooking up the FN1 to the KSI red on controller with double tap and green. This does not match the schematic provided but I think its correct.
3. must be getting the minus (-) from the black spade terminal to the solenoid and not the B- as the original AXE did.

Drop box link to more pictures

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6jhzz9i6t...RVJFkjcpa?dl=0
1. There orange wire should connect MS-4 to the Blue push-on connector on the SR. (MS-2 is the microswitch on the F/R assembly with the blue wire to the keyswitch on it. The other microswitch is MS-4, which shoul have two wire out, one for the reverse beeper and the other for 1/2 speed reverse on the controller)

2. The FN1 should pick up pack voltage between the keyswitch and pedal switch. You've got is after the pedal switch.

3. Yes.

--------

Looks like you've cut off the in-line connector at the end of the gray cable from the pedal box, so the blue and green wires in picture 3 of 5 attached to your post should be connected. That would connect the keyswitch output to the pedal switch input like is should be. This is also where the FN1 ought to be connected.
Old 09-18-2021, 09:26 AM   #70
ezgomac
Not Yet Wild

Scotty, I realize this is a very old link but I just received your kit for the SW202 and i noticed that my F/R switch was not marked like the ones in this link. is there stickers or something that I should have received or did you stop marking them for a reason.
Thanks
ezgomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO