lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2019, 10:30 AM   #1
Purpleharley61
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Tomberlin parking brake switch bypass

On a 09 emerge 400 Is there a way to bypass the parking brake switch to get cart to run or does it not effect it. I have has had controller rebuilt, replaced key switch,fwd/rev switch, hallo efect switch and still no go. Someone cut the wires on the parking brake switch (i repaired then) but it sticks so im thinking it might b bad.
Purpleharley61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:28 PM   #2
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Tomberlin parking brake switch bypass

I have bypass several of these for troubleshooting purposes. I work at a shop so we do everything to ensure a cart remains OEM (to prevent being sued) A personal cart is different. Parts are available,
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:19 PM   #3
Purpleharley61
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
I have bypass several of these for troubleshooting purposes. I work at a shop so we do everything to ensure a cart remains OEM (to prevent being sued) A personal cart is different. Parts are available,
Yes i got part ordered but im asking can this parting brake switch cause cart to not run as someone had cut the wires and the switch doesnt move freely
Purpleharley61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 08:48 PM   #4
TomberlinEd
Not Yet Wild

There are Green, Red, and Blue wires on mine. Green = Ground so putting red and blue on the same screw on the switch should complete the circuit. My switch went intermittently bad and waiting a month for replacement to arrive so hoping this doesn't cause problems. We use ours for school drop off and pickup so I might be divorced if it is in the garage that long. I would avoid doing this but it is possible.
TomberlinEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin