lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2014, 08:47 AM   #1
Sevin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default ~3" Lift options for the Yamaha Drive/G29?

I have got a 2011 Yamaha Drive PTV that I'd like to put a mild lift on and probably 20" tires. While scouring the internet I've come across the Jake's, Rhox, and a few others. I'm really not a fan of the drop spindle kits as I don't like the track width changes. The turning radius and camber issues also concern me.

The closest kits I've found that meets my want list are the factory Yamaha 2" lift and a 6" lift from M&M vehicles (see pic). Both of these kits are expensive ~$400.

Am I missing any other options? Anything else I should consider?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400766443.852958.jpg
Sevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: ~3" Lift options for the Yamaha Drive/G29?

You are correct most all the kits are either drop spindle or the lkng travel which really push the front wheels out further in the front than the rear. You could always put on some 1" spacers on the rear of the cart so that the front and rear are about the same width. I personally have the 3" jakes on my g29 and the lift is the perfect heigth and clears my 22" tires with no issues. I did have to do some modding to the jakes front spindle and steering brackets to get a tighter turning radius but nothing too advanced. The wider stance gives you better stability for fast turns and off camber riding situations. You will get sprayed with water and mud with the drop spindle setups if you donf add the wide flares. Sorry im not much help for the 2 types you listed.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts