lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #1
pingzing
Not Yet Wild

Default Business

Hello all where i live we have one of the largest cart dealers and repair facilities in eastern nc however i live towards the other end of the county and there is no repair facility there nor the next co. i can do some quick stuff like installs and the mechanics electrical can get tricky but i have a boy that works on them on the side that could help question is would you guys pull the plug and start a repair facility on the side
pingzing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2019, 07:30 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Business

Some general thoughts on opening up your own shop having owned my own auto shop.
Are you willing to risk the needed investment on building and equipment.
There is a cost to being factory trained and certified, you’ll need to keep up on factory training as technology advances and more so electronics become prepietary. How do you lore dealer mechanics away to work in your shop opposed to working at dealerships?
Not by any means trying to discourage. Just hurdles your likely to encounter as you grow..
And by all means do not try to keep your own books. Hire an accountant.
Good luck on your desition👍😊
Again my opinion and experience😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
pingzing
Not Yet Wild

i have a 60 x 60 shop with lifts and fully tooled already as my father in law just retired from heavy truck business and he wants to get me started in that shop since it already is up to date the only hurdle i will face now is some equipment and up to date training
pingzing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:53 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Facility & equipment are important elements but so is an experienced technician.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:45 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You have to be prepared to pay employees full time, even if it takes you a year to build a customer base. Six figures minimum, I'd think. Book keeper, tech, admin, utilities, business licenses, initial training, continuing education, advertising.

Support for EZGO, Yamaha, Club Cart, Western, Bad Boy Buggy, Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Electric and gas.

Non buggy four wheelers, three wheelers, motorcycles, ???

Controllers: Alltrax, Danaher, Curtis, Navitas,...
Gas engines...

Not trying to discourage you, but hope at this stage you have a detailed business plan to secure Small Business Administration loans, if needed. SBA offers help in planning and setting up a small business. It's what they do.

EDIT:

https://www.sba.gov/

https://www.sba.gov/business-guide/1...your-business/
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:23 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

On the other hand - since you have the location and equipment you can just open up and try your hand at it.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:54 PM   #7
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

I like scotty's approach the biggest things are advertising. See what the response is before diving to deep into anything. Dont be afraid to tell people you are swamped before taking their buisness. Alot of people will still be willing to do buisness with you and being upfront about the extended wait that may happen wont have them bad mouthing your buisness later. Get a reputable battery supplier and sell them at nearly cost. Good battery prices will go around a private golf course and neighborhood real fast!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:08 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Wouldn't he want to be a factory authorized service center, at least for the big three? Able to do warranty work?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:20 PM   #9
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

EZGO has a school, at least they used to. I haven't been and don't know what it costs. Independents that I've talked to in my area have been. I'm sure there are some members here who have been, maybe they will comment.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:20 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Wouldn't he want to be a factory authorized service center, at least for the big three? Able to do warranty work?
Warranty repair? sounds good...
but honestly
I would try it without warranty and dealer support. The need for cheap cart service, light repair, and handyman service is great in any community. I think if he has facilities, truck and trailer, and reasonable knowledge ......... he could fill a need in a carting community. Assuming he was honest and fair................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO